Negative Results With Enter/Carriage Return IE10

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by AH6OY, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have Windows 7
    I now have IE 10.
    I had the same problem.

Put IE 10 in compatability mode - it solves the problem.

Same thread was here earlier in the week, details are the same.

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to hear a solution was found.

3. AH6OY

AH6OY Ham Member QRZ Page

THE A/A trick works along with compatibility mode. Thanks.

I wasn't waiting for Microsoft to give the source code to the Russians but they did years ago. I'll just act surprised when their softwares works right.

The internet is falling apart.

Win7 64bit and Momentus HD in laptop. Why HD type? Thing is sold as newest tech but also on original OS install left me out of administer rights as one of the windows flub ups installing on the drive. Only solution was mirroring a windows install on the newer HD. Real cute. Multiple attempts before the mirror trick at a computer shop. I don't suggest Seagate's Momentus drives for anyone trying to upgrade after a HD failure.....if you are running win7 from my experience.

Compatibility sure is a strange word to use for getting software to do what it should.

Thanks for all the help guys. By the way the compatibility mode still has W6NEV popping up as the call sometimes on the main page hi hi. Seen him 8 different days or so already hi.

4. F1EPQ

F1EPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

this kind of problem would be greatly appreciated by our "universal" creatures of our french animated television serie "Les Shadoks" broacasted from 1968 to 1974.
    Whose basic mottos was : "Why do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way ?" ... or ... "Every advantage has its disadvantages and vice versa" ... or ... "Better to pump even if nothing happens than to risk something worse happening by not pumping" (pumping is the perpetual all day long work of a Shadock).

You can read more in this informative page from wikipedia :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Shadoks

Regards

www.qrz.com/db/f1epq

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

In the U.S. IE9 shipped with the Original Win 7. IE10 was available at a later date.

Compatibility mode IS applicable for IE 10, and it works.

Stranger things have happened, After all it is Windows.

6. F1EPQ

F1EPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

More and more strange ...
    The PC on which I am typing (with Mozilla 19) had an original genuine french version of Windows Seven Home Premium SP1 x64 and Internet Explorer 9. I have downloaded @ Microsoft the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer 10 french. When upgraded to IE 10 if I go to the properties of icon of IE 10 and the compatibility tab, the "compatibility mode" is grayed and not available. I can read "Compatibility modes cannot be applied to this program because it is a part of this version of Windows" ! And also in the program icon contextual menu there is no option "solve compatibility problems" as other programs have.
    But it's not important as I use IE only for testing ... and it's too time consuming.

Regards

www.qrz.com/db/f1epq

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.