Negative Results With Enter/Carriage Return IE10

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by AH6OY, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AH6OY

AH6OY Ham Member QRZ Page

I can type a message posting but when I hit enter the cursor doesn't drop down a line. Makes it pretty hard to post stuff trying to put a line between items. Works great on other sites. Maybe it's answering my own question of what to do saying it's internet explorer 10.

OK I configured my forum replies to be the standard editor instead of the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" and now I can work a reply correctly.

Might be something for the web handler to work on so that Microsoft can have job security figuring out how to monkey business it again.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. F1EPQ

F1EPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    even in it's version 10, IE remains a very poor speed and rendering performer vs Mozilla Firefox ... But it is now able to display drop shadow text, hi hi !

When composing a text or reply you can stay in the "Enhanced interface" and to use the carriage return you have only to switch the editor to "source mode" with the icon A/A in the upper left corner. And after composing you switch it to Wysiwyg mode. That's all ...

This if you really want to stay under this poor IE10 ...

Best regards,

www.qrz.com/db/f1epq

To see browser's ranking and to test your browser :
    http://www.speed-battle.com/statistics_e.php

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What computer / operating system are you using?

4. F1EPQ

I have found and tested the issue on Windows seven 64bits (IE 10 64bit version).... and IE 10 is for Seven and above (not vista) ...
    The interim solution is to use the 'source mode' in the enhanced editor for courageous people.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that is the Compatibly mode issue.

Try the Compatibly mode setting.

6. F1EPQ

Compatibility mode at this level ?!?!?!?!

Wait for a patch or turn to IE9 or Mozilla ...

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounded funny to me also, but seems to be the fix in IE10.

8. F1EPQ

Compatibility mode not applicable for IE 10 and Windows Seven because IE 10 when installed is a part of the system ... Tested only on my desktop HP computer.

9. WD1R

WD1R Ham Member QRZ Page

Hate to rain on all the IE basher's but I have seen the exact same issue with Chrome on Windows Vista, and Chrome on Windows 8, so it isn't just an IE issue. Sorry!

Allan

10. F1EPQ

Hi,
    I have tested Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit (French) with Google Chrome version 25.0.1364.172m (French) and there is no problem, the Enhanced Editor and carriage return are fully functionnal.
    So I think that the forum would be too small for all tests and experiments.
    Regards,

www.qrz.com/db/f1epq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.