Needed: T/R and Inrush relays for AL-80B

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K0GV, Mar 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K0GV

K0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an older AL-80B (sn 19260) that needs the T/R and Inrush relays (Relay 101 and 102) replaced. These are Ameritron P/N 408-6140 and 408-6148 in the manual.

I have these on backorder with MFJ, but wondered if anyone knows of a Mouser or Digikey equivalent as there is no time frame that MFJ can give to availability and ship date.

The relays have p/n X1KUP (inrush) and X919KP (T/R) on them, but I am unable to trace those numbers on the Digikey or Mouser websites or a general internet search. The manufacturer stamp looks to be "RS", but I can't find any "RS' that makes these relays anymore.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Darryl
    K0GV

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

3. M0OXD

M0OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Darryl, I have the same amplifier and like you, I am waiting for MFJ to bring these relays back in stock. Have you found a replacement for these which I could use? Thanks Chris

4. K0GV

K0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

Chris,

MFJ ended up getting me some relays.

Regards,

Darryl

5. AC9YY

AC9YY Ham Member QRZ Page

The price has not been updated, but you can get the relay here. What is the easiest way to remove the board to replace the antenna relay?