Need to give this paddle a try....

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KB4MNG, Oct 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I paid $6 shipped to the house for this paddle on ebay, its gone up in price. Its definitely does not have the feel of your nice paddles but does a very good job for what it is. Ive used it successfully out in the field straight key and iambic mode. The only problem is that it comes in kit form with no instructions and you have to rely on the pictures. I also did not use the hook up wire supplied with the kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cw-Key-Aut...var=691607751009&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

[​IMG]

WW2PT likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Cool! I ordered one... glad I'm in no hurry to use it :eek:

Thanks for the tip

Dave
    W7UUU

key.PNG

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a rough 3D print job but if it works ...

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hey - price of a Starbucks latte and a muffin - with a 3 month wait at the "pickup counter" :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

5. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 'heavy handed' enough that it's probably not heavy enough so I don't have to chase it.

6. W7UUU

Me too - but for ten bucks, I figure I'll come up with something - if it even has usable "action" in the first place

just fun to try it out - when it gets here in 2020 :D

Dave
    W7UUU

WW2PT likes this.
  7. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Cheaper than a pack of smokes, and far less likely to kill you. It’s worth a shot, I reckon. :D

KU3X likes this.
  8. KB4MNG

Forgot to mention. I order the small version, I hold it in my left hand and send with the right. Yes, I feel it is a 3 d print job.

KU3X likes this.
  9. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

In related news, I just now saw American Morse has a new micro-paddle. It just costs a little bit more that the one above...but it looks like a nice alternative to the Palm Pico Paddle that I sadly waited too long to order.

84F8DE80-1BED-4682-ACCE-ADF2C14D6DD3.jpeg

10. KB4MNG

At $150 Im sure it's not even close. I would like to see the inside to see if it is close to the plastic one.