Need registration help please

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N6MTS, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6MTS

N6MTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a ham friend who recently managed to obtain his late fathers callsign. The catch was that he obtained it by a transfer process from his nephew, who initially got the callsign to hold it from being obtained by anybody outside the family. Unfortunately it appears that while the nephew had the callsign me must have registered for an account on QRZ, and now the current owner of the callsign (his uncle) cannot now register on QRZ. When my friend attempts to register he receives a message that the callsign is already in use (so his nephew must have registered it). All this information can be verified in the FCC database.
    How can this problem be resolved and the callsign of W6OWL be transferred to it current owner? AND how can the current owner complete his QRZ registration. Can the call be cleared to allow it to be re-registered to the current new owner?

Original callsign of W6OWL was issued to Herb Lion (now deceased)
    Temporary callsign holder was Alex Lion (now has a new generic call)
    Current callsign holder is Larry Lion (son of Herb Lion)

Unfortunately we can find no other direct way to communicate with QRZ, outside of this forum. Any help will be appreciated. Please respond to 4N6MTS@gmail.com, because the system email for W6OWL will be wrong.

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

All QRZ data comes directly from the FCC ULS database. The call sign is correct in the QRZ database and matches the FCC ULS.

help2.jpg help1.jpg

You must change the information on the FCC ULS before it will change on QRZ.
    Once changed at the FCC, it will change automatically on QRZ.

Thank you,
    73, Lisa

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

PD5SJO likes this.