Need MS for my Digital 6M WAS

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by K4ZOT, Jul 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
  1. K4ZOT

K4ZOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I realize this is not SKED forum, but I think I will have a better response from this forum instead. I need MS to complete my Digital 6M WAS. MS is not far away from Atlanta, but seems to be very difficult to work on FT8. I would very much appreciate to hear from a good 6M station with a yagi to work on FT8 and confirm on LOTW.

Thanks very much,

Glenn
    K4ZOT
    (packardg@bellsouth.net)

YD2CLQ likes this.
  2. KN4TCK

KN4TCK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have a great antenna up for 6m at the moment, but would glad to give it a try on the wire I have up. Alternatively, you could reach out to N4OGW as well, he has a much better 6M set up. Both of us are located in EM53.

Logan - KN4TCK

3. K4ZOT

Thank you very much for your offer. I meant to post the other day that I did work MS - N4OGW over 277 miles on ground wave with Tor. His 6 element yagi at 75' did the job on the first call. Thanks to Tor, I now have Digital 6M WAS as well as Mixed 6M WAS which I worked several years ago.

Glenn

KG5THG and KN4TCK like this.
  4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That ain't ground wave.:)

5. KI8DJ

KI8DJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with Steve ground wave on 2 meters is probably like 10 feet what you used was tropo.

6. K4ZOT

Let's all read the post title again . THIS is 6M not 2M. It was 277 miles running 600 watts with a 5 element yagi and a 6 element yagi at 75' in MS. No clouds were reported in DXmaps or any area contacts of any kind. I really don't care what it was the confirmed contact was made and I made my 6M digital WAS.

Glenn
    K4ZOT