ad: elecraft

Need mounting suggestions Silverado truck

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K4ATR, Jun 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4ATR

K4ATR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Want to mount ft-891 head and ftm-100 head in my truck any suggestions appreciated.

2004 full size Silverado truck

Thanks 73's K4ATR

2. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Look at the Lido LM-300 flexible seat bolt mounts. It's how I have my 891 in my F-150.

3. K4EAK

K4EAK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure if this helps (it's a Ford F-150 and a different head unit), but maybe at least it can give you some ideas. I worked on doing a suitable installation for WEEKS until I found something that was both functional and reasonably aesthetic. My FT-8900 head unit slides into a mounting bracket. I attached a plastic plate to the mounting bracket, then attached the plastic plate to the dash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I put the the body under the rear seat, and ran wires backward for power and forward for the head unit and a speaker.
    [​IMG]
    And then mounted a fold-over antenna on the forward end of the bed rail, tucked a little under the roll-up cover.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, hope that helps.
    73 Skip K4EAK

4. K4EAK

K4EAK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oops. I posted an image twice. I meant to include this one.
    [​IMG]

5. W0WLA

W0WLA Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have access to 3D printing, you might check thingiverse.com and search for your radio, or just yaesu. There are a lot of accessories, and mounts on there that can be 3D printed.

N3AWS likes this.