Need Manual/Schematic for Heathkit IO-4225

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KI5GKD, Dec 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5GKD

KI5GKD Ham Member QRZ Page

I purchased and built a Heathkit IO-4225 scope in the mid 80s and after it had been "updated" a couple of times at the Local Heathkit store it worked flawlessly for quite a few years. When I no longer needed it found itself in the attic for a number of years. I recently rescued it from it's exile and found that it no longer worked - imagine that. When turned on there is a trace until it warms up a few minutes then the trace goes away. I have looked for my manual and I fear that it was lost during a move and the "new" Heathkit web site does not list one. Apparently this is a somewhat "scarce" model being the last O-scope they put out before going under.

If anybody has one I would be eternally grateful!

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

3. KI5GKD

Thanks!

Ouch! I'm not sure the scope is worth that much even if working!

4. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KI5GKD

Pete, I remember how big they were. Thanks, but I am thinking it's going to get kicked to the curb as I really don't need it (have 2 nice Tektronix scopes) and the manual reprint is probably worth more than the scope! Now, a reasonably priced schematic...