Need JT9 (!!) LoTW from Vermont (VT) to finish my JT9 W.A.S. on LoTW

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by W7UUU, Dec 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was recently perusing my LoTW stats - I have confirmed W.A.S. on JT65 and FT8 but never got to finish my W.A.S. on JT9 before the JT9 fad faded out :) I've called and called, but alas no one seems to be using the mode any longer.

Can I please work a sked with anyone in Vermont who can use WSJT mode JT9, who also uses LoTW? I can work most any band most any time (I work from home, so daytime hours as well as evening are an option).

Feel free to reply to this thread and/or my QRZ PM or QRZ email if you can help out!!

Dave
    W7UUU

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone? Surely there are still a few set up to do JT9 around these here parts :)

Dave
    W7UUU

3. W7UUU

Boy the crickets sure are loud on this one.... :)

ANYONE? If you are using WSJT-X for FT8, you can also do JT9 :)

LoTW only though... just want to close the JT9 chapter there

Dave
    W7UUU

4. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel ya, I've got like 3 JT65 to go and 9 JT9, but FT8 and JS8 just swept them away <tear>.

5. W7UUU

Ugh!! That's what sucks about "FAD MODES".

Oh well - all we can do is keep trying.

Any VT station reading this, who uses WSJT-X 1.9 OR 2.0... you have the ability to also to JT9 ... would love to have you as my "50th State Confirmed on LoTW on JT9"

Most any band - during the normal hours such band might favor both ways...

Just ping me :)

Please? :D

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just checking LoTW and don't have any JT9 confirmations, just two for Contestia, and one for HELL. Meanwhile JT65 and FT8 WAS are in the bag, along with SSB. Still need a few states on CW to complete ARRL Triple Play.

W7UUU likes this.
  7. W7UUU

Cool! So you're getting close - that's awesome!

I certainly don't NEED Vermont on JT9 for any purpose... it would just be nice to close that chapter in my LoTW. I'm not worried about getting my FT8 holdout state of CT - easy peasy. Same with the 9 states I need on RTTY ... I worked all the rest in just a year when I got the IC-7300 and finally got on FSK - RTTY isn't going away any time soon. And I got my Triple Play with 50 states of JT65 for the digital, so I'm good there.

Just wish I'd actually paid more attention back when JT9 was still "the latest fad" (after JT65 faded from being the previous "latest fad")

So - WSJT-X folks in Vermont running FT8, just hit the "Mode" menu and select JT9 and let's work a sked :D You do NOT have to change anything that will affect your FT8 mode - it's just a quick switch of mode from the "Mode" menu then back to FT8 already in progress :)

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2018-12-13_20-14-53.png