ad: K6IOK-1

Need input, have I been ripped off?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7FWH, Oct 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. K4FX

K4FX Ham Member QRZ Page

Another sure fire way to tell if it is a scammer, is tell the seller you have relatives close to them and you can probably get them to pick it up, and you can save them the trouble of packing and shipping, plus you can send cash. When they try to make up reasons why they can't do that, it is pretty darn obvious.

I did that just this week and it went from "it's yours" to "someone else is wanting it"

KP4SX likes this.
  2. W2WDX

W2WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Folks ... the issue here is simple. It's always a seller that pays fees on PayPal, if merchandise is being purchased. If the seller says you can "save" by using F&F, it's him that's saving or he's trying to rip you off. PayPal is pretty clear about these things. If you refuse to educate yourself about how things work, then anyone who gets ripped-off did so themselves by not understanding the terms, and PayPal bears no responsibility at all. PayPal protects purchases, not transactions. They are only a money broker, not a bank.

3. K2CB

K2CB Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have to laugh at the post regarding not accepting F&F as the seller. As the seller, you have nothing to lose. So if the buyer of the meter wanted to take the risk, that was on him. For you, the seller, you would be better off all around. Besides the obvious fee savings, there is no chance of a scrupulous buyer trying to get over on a "not as described" or similar claim. Once you have your payment, the deal is done.

Remember, it works both ways. As a buyer, you can burned by using F&F. As a seller, you can be burned equally as bad by accepting standard PayPal payments. It is all about who wants to take the risk. The buyer, or the seller?