ad: wmr-1

Need info/help on a rare one...

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB1EAD, Jan 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its a 'club station' call of some sort and I gather all sorts of ferangies take a mini-vacation and get to operate under the callsign. I hear them/see them spotted almost every day.

2. E73Y

E73Y Ham Member QRZ Page

WJ4U likes this.
  3. WB1EAD

WB1EAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Boris!..ur info came just after e-mail from gud friend Bruce WD4NGB showing that exact e-mail address..I will come back here and
    let you all know how it goes....Bill KP4SX tnx for that info..looks like S01WS is using the call of the 2015 dxpedition and re-using it..and why not
    gud info for others to use too Bill in their search......one last comment for now goes back to you Boris E73Y..from looking over ur listing of who ur QSL mgr for..I'm willing to bet you will receive an e-mail from me fairly soon..thank you all very much! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I know they're on 20m & 30m pretty regularly, just a matter of you being on when they're on :cool:

5. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

They were on 40 SSB yesterday with a good signal on my dipole at 35 feet.

6. E73Y

E73Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,

All LOG's remain open forever and I have QSL cards for all calls to confirm QSO's. Just E-mail data of QSO's you need confirmed and card(s) will be sent to you.

73's Boris E73Y

WJ4U likes this.
  7. WB1EAD

Thank you very much Boris!..and when I go back thru I'll let ya know..tnx to QRZ and the moderators as well because I tend sometimes to stray off topic..
    it's the "ragchewer" in me!..it's still a bit early but an e-mail was sent to JA1UT ystdy....73 all de DAVE WB1EAD

8. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

This one might be easier to confirm - EA2JG Fernando Rebolo, P.O.Box 4, 33600 Mieres, Spain

9. WB1EAD

Well tnx Harry but looking that one up he does not say anything 'bout S09A..and he doesn't want to answer e-mails inquiring..so unless you have concrete evidence that he is/was the QSL mgr it looks like it might not happen..however he appears to be the guy to go to for S01WS..
    I'm gonna do some more checking into another couple of sites to see if EA2JG is listed elsewhere....well well he is as a matter of fact..hmmm..however his name is Arsili or close to that and a totally different address..no mention of any other QSL mgr although a VK was supposed to go there originally..lots of chit chat about potential pirate ops too..my assumption was that JA1UT may be the one for that op but clearly he's not..guess I gotta keep digging!
    Tnx Harry! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I gave you EA1BT's address by mistake. The QSL info came from IK3QAR.it/manager

This is from the ARRL DX Bulletin ARLD015 (1999) --- "EA2JG, plans to operate as S09A on all bands for two weeks.
    QSL to home call."

If you want it bad enough, you'll increase the donation or even pick a cheap flight to Spain and hand deliver your card.