Need ID for Unusual AC Connector

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K3SK, Jul 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3SK

K3SK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm looking to find out what is the type of connector and part number in these photos. I need to find a mating connector. This is the AC input on the back of an Eltek Flatpack 1500 24 volt supply. My alternative is to replace it with a standard IEC connector if I can find one that fits the layout, but I really don't look forward to removing the ~30 screws to lift out the main board to do the solder connections.

Push-on connector lugs are all to wide to fit in the slots, so that is not an option either.

20210701_205703.jpg

Attached Files:

2. AB1YW

AB1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you provide the full model number and the view of all the connectors on this side of the unit? It's possible that this is a module intended to plug into a large system and there may not be a wire-to-board mating connector for it.

3. K3SK

K3SK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It was designed to plug into a "larger unit". But I plan on using it stand alone to power an LDMOS amplifier as it provides 24-30 VDC at ~50 amps. I'm trying to avoid major disassembly to swap out the connector, but that may be the only option.

s-l1600.jpg

4. AB1YW

AB1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, definitely a plug-in module, then. I'm certain someone with more familiarity than me could ID the connector, but I'd expect that popping the board out and swapping the connector for a terminal block or IEC type option would serve you most effectively at quantity 1.

5. N7VGO

N7VGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Eltek is still in business, maybe you can contact them and they can help you.

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How's the power supply work?

From the close-up photo it looks like that connector has been "plugged and unplugged" into a rack backplane many times. Were you able to confirm operability using temporary AC connections?

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

We had those in battery chargers for a 24 V comm system rack . Any failure and we just pulled and stuck in a spare and sent back to manufacturer for a replcement refurb unit. Next day air .
    When I started that work , it was on-site componant level repair, tube radios, at the time I retired it was LSSMIC's "pluck-n-chuck-n-spares" !! :rolleyes:

8. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

A ruler in the picture would help!!!!

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

would 1/4" spade crimp lugs mate with the blades in the connector shell?

W9WQA likes this.
  10. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks a bit like one of the power connectors under IEC320. The horizontal pins are 16 amperes in a 240 VAC or 20 amperes at 120 VAC.