Need help with youth nets...  Please Read

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KC0KBH, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, that's the same boat I started out in too. Though I was able to load up my 40-meter dipole on 15-meters because of the third harmonic thing.

2. KD5ZER

KD5ZER Guest

Give me some time and let me get a better antenna up(looking for a beam) and I would be glad to help. My G5RV just isn't good enough for me to be a NCS. I have to flip the amp on just to get out. [​IMG]

3. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

QRP !!!

4. KD5ZER

KD5ZER Guest

Thats about right.

1300Watts+G5RV=5Watts effective radiated power [​IMG]

5. VA3SAX

VA3SAX Ham Member QRZ Page

and this is the kind of emotions that explain why the americans are louder off the back of the beam than anyone else is off the front of the darned thing

6. W8LBO

LOL, I think you are getting some nationality discrimination going here. If there were even close to the same amount of hams in Canada as there are in the U.S., there would definitely be the same problem with Canadian ops. Besides, it is known world-wide that the worst ham operator is a fellow countryman of yours. The only reason you get interference from the U.S. instead of Europe is because you have to hop over the ocean to get there.

7. VA3SAX

VA3SAX Ham Member QRZ Page

true enough but you gotta admit that your countrymen are enamoured with linear amplifiers.

8. W8LBO

You're 100% right. A lot of the people I would talk to would ask me how long till I got an amp. There were a couple people that that's pretty much all they'd ask [​IMG] One of the guys who lives a few miles from here has a huge yagi and the legal limit power output, and I get the idea he doesn't lower his power output for anything. Personally I like the challenge of working weak stations, and trying to hone my operating skills so people can understand me when I'm operating QRP. But, whatever people enjoy. I do agree, there is an excess of rf power floating around the U.S.

9. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

i hope i can get my signal out with 50 watts

10. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you will do fine,
    I have been working the ARRL contest with only 10
    when the contest is almost over they get really desperate and will take anyone (me)
    lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.