Need help with youth nets...  Please Read

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KC0KBH, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I'm looking for help with a few youth nets. I feel bad, since I kind of let a few go, that I sort of ran. So, anyone want to be a net control? I'd like to make these, especially one of them, a large, well running youth net. Here's they are-

The North American Youth Net. It would meet on 14.329 MHz at 2300z on Fridays. I was heavily involved in it a while back, but it was hard for me to be around at the typical time of it. I'm looking for net controls, or people that would be regular checkins for it, that could be a NC if needed. Go check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nayn for more info.

The other one is the World Wide Youth Net, on 21.305 MHz on Saturday afternoons (time varied). I'd like to join this one into the North American Youth Net. It's Yahoo group isn't really worth mentioning; there hasn't been a lot of activity there in a long time.

My focus is mainly on the NAYN. If you'd like to get involved, send me off an email at- 20meters@gmail.com, or post here.

Or, post at the yahoo group for it. I'd just like to get this net running well and get more young hams involved, since eventually most, if not all young hams involved with it will be off to college, and busy with other things (I imagine that when I'm in college, I will be very busy).

Thanks,
    -Devan, KC0KBH

Edit- spelling and grammar

2. Guest

Guest Guest

is this net in CW or SSB ?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i will run it.

I have alot of net control experience. We tried to get a youth net going but that didn't last long. The problem is that i dont always get out to good. Last i heard this net "died" a while back. Is it back already?

4. KC0KBH

It is SSB. I'm trying to get it going again.

Even if your equipment isn't that great, and your signal can't get out, something is better than nothing. I sent some emails out, and have three possible NC's, including you. IMO, the more the better, since some can be backups or relays for the NC for that net. I remember relaying in the NAYN for NC.

5. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

yep, I loved that net, I was control op a few times but there were a few problems for me, the most prominent being the fact that I got a job, and well, the net met at 6 pm est and I got out of work at 6 pm, nevermind the commute... I think there should be two frequencies... because 20m during alot of the nets was DEAD, I mean no one on and our signals were far under what they should be... barley there.

If this one is though out and planned to the current Solar Cycle then I think you guys could really pull it off and get this thing going again!!! Good luck guys, I'd love to help but im mixed up with work, senior year, and a bunch of college apps that are due very soon so..... haha cant be of much help right now, but e-mail me if you need to contact me... or drop a messege....

BTW N3CA and KD5OWO if i remember right were some of the more active members of the net so mabey drop them a line..... just a thought

6. KC0KBH

The problem is that it is though to find a regular open frequency on 40, and 20 is always dead at net time. [​IMG] I've got to figure that out.

7. KE5FIX

KE5FIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested and will help out where needed, but I still need to finish getting my station set-up before I can really be of any use.

8. KC0KBH

Ok. Any help of any kind is great appreciated; even just talking in the Yahoo group for NAYN.

9. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering what happened to the activity on the NAYN. Cause nobody posted for 3 months or so. But, yeah, I think that batch of hams probably went to college or something.

10. VA3SAX

VA3SAX Ham Member QRZ Page

if it goes down to 40m...then I'll be in but I don't have an antenna right now for 20 or 15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.