Need help with D-104 PTT wiring

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by W0CMO, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not recommend using VOX if you have a wife that yells at you, Or you snore and fall asleep at your radio. :oops:

KD8DEY likes this.
  2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean drill a hole in an irreplacable base stand to break/make the red wire??!!

3. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure, I've seen a few of these over the years where folks have done just that. I don't care much for VOX operation so I've never performed this mod myself but I have one with this mod that I purchased a while back at a hamfest.

Not so sure about irreplaceable, there seem to be a hundred or more of these for sale on eBay at any given time, Astatic sold an awful lot of D-104's over the years :)

4. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

You could just wire the mic wires in the connector for the mic hot and gnd, then run a another wire out of the connector for the PTT function to a foot pedal or hand switch.
    No vox, no squeeze.
    Otherwise you need to break the PTT line as suggested by unsoldering ( or the switch ) and push the ring up.

5. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes!!

I have done this with my "test bench" mic simply because some transmitters have PTT and some don't.

[​IMG]

6. W0CMO

W0CMO Ham Member QRZ Page

I like that suggestion. Got a Hamfest coming up this weekend so I'll look around for a cute switch to make/break the PTT line.
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Chuck

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should label the switch, Snore ON / OFF. That would be way cool. :cool:

KD8DEY likes this.