Need Help with an Oak Hills Research DD-1

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by N3BXZ, May 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N3BXZ

N3BXZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have built an Oak Hills DD-1 to use with my OHR 100A for 40 Meters. For some reason, I cannot get the radio and the frequency counter to talk to each other. I have programmed the DD-1 with a 9 mhz offset (16 mhz IF in the radio). If I plug the radio into my benchtop frequency counter using the OSC port on the radio, I the benchtop frequency counter shows 16.030 mhz as expected and the frequency readout changes as I tune the radio. When I plug the DD-1 into the radio using the same OSC port, The DD-1 displays the 9 mhz offset and the frequency readout does not change as I tune the radio. Also, when I plug a 10 mhz frequency reference into the DD-1, it reads 19 mhz. When I change the reference frequency, the DD-1 display changes with it.

So far I have determined that the OHR-100A is putting out the correct frequency thru the OSC port and the DD-1 can properly read a frequency input. But the DD-1 will not properly display any frequency for the OHR-100A. I feel like I misprogrammed the offset in the DD-1 or that I am overlooking something simple.

I would be thankful for any advice.

Thanks

Tate
    N3BXZ