ad: portazero-1

need help with a contact i made

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by M7PLD, Mar 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M7PLD

M7PLD Ham Member QRZ Page

hi am new too QRZ had a qso with a station in usa across the pond from me in the uk,, He says he uses QSL manager not sure how this works, yes it would be nice to sort this out even though i have him logged into my account...

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

You send your card with SAE and enough $$$ for return postage to the manager. Usually $3 these days. I don't know why a station in the US would be using a manager, though, unless it was a special event station. What was the call? What does it say on his qrz page?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. M7PLD

He mentions on his qrz page about qsl manager, but uses a different call sign through it,, he's, w2RE

4. M7PLD

The call was on 20m ssb this morning

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI CHRIS,

CONGRATS ON UR FB DX QSO.

BILL - KP4SX HAS PROVIDED U WITH TOP NOTCH SCOOP.

I TOOK A LOOK AT THE QRZ PAGE OF W2RE

===================================================

W2RE [​IMG] USA

RAYMOND M HIGGINS
    499 PLEASANT RIDGE ROAD
    POUGHQUAG, NY 12570
    USA

QSL: QSL manager EB7DX or LOTW. No buro QSL.

Email: w2re@optonline.net

=================================================

W2RE ALSO MENTIONS USING LOTW FOR QSLING.

YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT BECOMING A USER OF LOTW.

THE ARRL WEB SITE HAS ALL THE INFO ABOUT BECOMING A LOTW USER.

BECOMING A LOTW USER IS SOMETIME DIFFICULT BECAUSE OF ALL THE
    REQUIREMENTS.

WHEN I FIRST BECAME A USER OF THE LOTW SYSTEM, I COMPARED THE
    INITIAL PROCESS AS A "ROOT CANAL" OUCH........ HIHIHI...

I DON'T LIKE GOING TO THE DENTIST.......LOL.......

73 ES WELCOME TO THE FUN FILLED WORLD OF HAM RADIO.

K1LKP

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  6. M7PLD

good morning i have reg with LOTW ,But having problems i sent them a copy of my license all good there, i filled out all the details of the QSO as the same as W2RE, time and everything else but it keeps coming up error all the time...I dont think i would like a root canal either, but lotw web site is not straight forward for me, maybe getting to old LOL... up to now am using QRZ ok... if you can point me in any direction that would be good thanks

7. M7PLD

just tried it again comes up invalid start time, But the qso was 11.25 gmt , i would rather go to the dentist...

8. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Does it say invalid start DATE or start TIME?

Every LoTW certificate has to have a start date associated with it that will show the date of first use of the callsign at the specified location. To check yours, open TQSL, click the Callsign Certificates tab, Click your callsign and location on the left side of the screen, then click, Display the callsign Certificate properties for M7PLD.

It will then show the QSO Start and End dates. Make sure your contact with W2RE is between the start and end dates. If it is not, then you may have to modify the start date. The end date is created automatically each time you renew your LoTW certificate.

KZ6TOD likes this.
  9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He has used QRZ logging in the past,... I see that you have logged him on your QRZ log. Send him a email asking if he could please confirm the QSO for you on his QRZ log page.

When you email him,... send all of the QSO info;

W2RE de M7PLD
    date/time(z)
    freq
    mode

Tell him that you're a 'new operator' & are having trouble using 'LoTW' & would appreciate it if he could confirm the QSO on the QRZ log.

Good Luck...

10. M7PLD

Will try thanks

11. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently other people use this station remotely so the owner needs to keep up with their logs. LOTW is easy. Each person uploads their own data. They probably also send it to the manager. W2RE himself may not be in a position to actually do the log compilation and answer cards hence the use of a manager. Makes sense to delegate out that chore.
    Nice installations(s) though!

12. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW is often like pulling teeth. :p

13. M7PLD

Deffo hard work

14. M7PLD

Will stay with Qrz