Need help identifying this rotor

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KI5OMM, Jun 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I acquired an old ham antenna rotor many years ago and I would like to clean it up, service it, and use it for an upcoming antenna project. I am unsure what type of rotor it actually is. I want to see if I can find some documents on the internet someplace for it with maybe the specifications etc., but I don't know where to start without at least a model number or brand. It has zero markings as far as I can tell. All of the parts are there and it's not frozen up. The outside looks much worse than the inside.

The control box is an old Alliance, but I am fairly certain it is not original, as it's been heavily modified and is pretty much junk at this point. If this is a Yaesu rotor, what control box should I use and how can I hook this up to my PC for use with HRD etc?

Sorry about all of the questions, but I am fairly green with rotors and their associated controls. I have included some photos to help identify what I have. Thanks in advance! IMG_3685.JPG IMG_3689.JPG IMG_3688.JPG

2. KI5OMM

Ok, I did manage to identify it. It appears to be an Alliance HD-73. Can anyone tell me anything about it that I should know? Thanks!

3. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

It is marginal for a turning a 20m beam... depends on how windy it gets where you live.

The manual can be found on line. I have a .pdf I could email you if you cant find it.

I have a working HD-73 complete with control box. sitting around.

4. KI5OMM

Thanks for the reply. If you could email that pdf I sure would appreciate it. My email is on my QRZ page. I want to use it for a hex beam, so it should be good for that I would assume. I am protected by trees at my QTH so not a lot of strong winds here.

5. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the same one as I downloaded:
    upload_2021-6-6_9-27-26.png

6. KI5OMM

Okeedokee. I'll get it from there. Thanks!