Need help Identifying this device

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WPVK969, Dec 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like a wireless data service antenna. I have one like it on my roof as do many around here since we have no wired/cable internet.

N0TZU, K7JEM, NH7RO and 1 other person like this.
  2. KI4ZUQ

KI4ZUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Better yet, go to the building when it's open, go in and ask what it is....

NH7RO likes this.
  3. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Be sure to be dressed in a full metal suit replete with aluminum foil headwrap just in case, too. These days, one never really knows...

KI4ZUQ likes this.
  4. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a 5.8GHz point-to-point network for internet or intranet, and frankly, not very likely that this would be the cause of your problem... No way should this cause any interference to aircraft systems.

Are you having trouble with loosing GPS lock in the vicinity of that building? If so, how close do you have to be?

Do you know how to look at the SNRs of the various GPS satellites your aircraft GPS device is locked to? If so, fly past the building while observing the SNRs. If the interference source is coming from that building, then the SNRs should get worse the closer you are.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    N0TZU likes this.
  5. N9CQC

N9CQC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree that it's a 5Ghz wireless data antenna. Probably made my Ubiquiti. I have one on my house.

N0TZU likes this.
  6. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

WPVK969 Where are you? We are willing to help if you are still here. Is the problem solved? If so what did you find?

7. EA1DDO

EA1DDO Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems to be a Mw link, it can be as simple as WiFi link, CCTV link, Ethernet link, or something else.
    More likely the interference is not the RF link itself but the switching power supply or even PIM.

73, Maximo

8. WB5THT

WB5THT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The OP has provided practically no information to make any kind of an informed response.

AC0GV likes this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

No, and he hasn't been back since post #4 where he said "Thank You" after Dave said it might not be the best place to seek help.

I think we can consider the case closed, no?

NH7RO likes this.
  10. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Put down the bong bro...

Rege

NH7RO and KI4ZUQ like this.