Need help Identifying this device

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WPVK969, Dec 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WPVK969

WPVK969 QRZ Member

Can anyone please help identify this device? It causes widespread full failure electronic intereference and is mounted on somebody’s commercial building..

Attached Files:

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Satellite TV receiving dish is what it looks like -Dish Network, etc.

Nowhere near enough info about "full failure electronic interference" from what you posted.

Please post additional detail that leads you to that belief: frequencies you've recorded, modulation formats, etc. - since you claim "full electronic interference" you must therefore have the data to help us diagnose. Upload your data in a video to YouTube and post a public link that we can hear this "full failure" you're describing

Barring that, just likes like a satellite TV dish to me........

By the way, what is your amateur radio call sign? That would help in narrowing down your location

Dave
    W7UUU

AC0GV likes this.
  3. WPVK969

WPVK969 QRZ Member

Problem is the dish is facing due west, and we are in montana where dish network has to orient south to southwest. I am an pilot and lose avionics when flying over that spot in the airplane at 1,000 feet. It is that pin point spot which my neighbors that have drones have been instantly fried at 400ft agl when flying over it resulting in multiple FAA certified drones being destroyed. They even used some test drones near the dish and it destroyed evry single one’s electric systems. I’m trying to figure out what it is before I report it to the FCC and FAA out of curiosity. The FCC database has no transmitters approved at that address.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Probably not the best site to help you on this.

We're a Ham Radio bunch here ("Amateur radio")

We don't deal much in RF communications for FAA pilots and such outside of amateur radio. This is not the forum for what you're seeking

Best to contact a pilot group or such....

In the short term, the antenna you posted is most surely a satellite TV device - not a ham radio antenna for certain, and very likely not an FAA Aviation antenna either

Just a plain old digital TV antenna

Dave
    W7UUU

5. WPVK969

WPVK969 QRZ Member

Thank you.

6. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave
    W7UUU[/QUOTE]
    This needs to be reported to the FAA, they control almost as much communication as the FCC. Problems like this are sometimes caused buy TV cable system leaks and are easily repaired. To help you we need a lot mor information, that is NOT a home satelite dish. Can you give up the address?
    And WPVK969 comes back to ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2429598

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    NH7RO and KI4ZUQ like this.
  7. WB4MDX

WB4MDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a long distance WiFi ghz dish. Used to hook to a WiFi about 10-5 miles. Point to point. They are available in pairs. Likely culprit. Google long distance WiFi linking.
    Regardless, PLEASE REPORT TO FCC AND FAA IMMEDIATELY. Should be a priority since it is causing issues to aircraft!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    N0TZU, NH7RO and WR2E like this.
  8. KI4ZUQ

KI4ZUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

ANY interference with avionics intentional or not is a BIG DEAL! Call your local FSDO get one of them in your aircraft and SHOW him/her what is happening and where. NOW. No telling if this focused beam with huge sidelobes has clandestine intentions or is just a malfunction. NOW! Not here. Get the Feds on it.

KA0HCP likes this.
  9. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It could be a Last Mile millimeter wave link system at 60 GHz or in the 70/80 GHz band. They can be focused systems that are in the multiple watt range now due to advancements in MMIC amplifiers. I wouldn't expect a lot (or any) of broadband interference, but it certainly would have the potential to damage something in its path.

10. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

"Instantly fried" means burned to a crisp.
    Maybe the OP can enlighten us... Permanent damage or merely stopped working in that vicinity?

KI4ZUQ likes this.