NEED HELP identifying my 2m/70cm 5 elements yagi

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K2OY, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:04 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2OY

K2OY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Had to disassemble it for move in 2018. Sitting on the rear window ledge of my car, the sun bleached out all my magic marker markings. Now, to reassemble it, I need specs for each element's position. Fortunately I left the driven elements intact. I bought it used w/o any paperwork or mfg marking.

To me, it's obviously a commercial product. All my searches have so far uncovered only 3 element 2m with 5 element 70cm commercial or homebrew beams. No sign of a 5 x 5.

I shall attach some pictures of both driven elements and one each of the 2m and 70cm elements in hopes of one of them sparking a memory. The coax in the picture is the harness still connected to the drivers; they join at a T connector, to a single feed-line to the rig.

Attached Files:

2. K2OY

The post got away from me before I was finished.

I would appreciate any leads anyone can give me.
    Thanks...paul k2oy

3. N4UFO

N4UFO Ham Member QRZ Page

The elements are definitely Cushcraft... I had a Cushcraft 10 element 2m yagi (paired down to 7) and an 11 element 430 yagi that I used for a number of years to work satellites. I would recognize their parts anywhere. My guess it's an A27010S. I believe MFJ took over the brand. Here is the manual from their website:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0289/7782/3843/files/A270-10S.pdf?v=1586534125

Good luck and 73!

Kevin N4UFO

K3XR likes this.
  4. K2OY

BINGO! That's it.

Kevin, thanks so much ID and for the manual link too. That'll make the job so much easier.

Paul
    K2OY

N4UFO likes this.