Need help identifying 2-meter / dual-band "base" antenna

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KE0RG, Aug 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE0RG

KE0RG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been having a difficult time trying to identify a vertical base antenna that I got from the estate of an /sk ham.

The only sticker on it are what appears to be a warning or caution sticker, but is unreadable... and I've not found any stamped, etched, engraved, or cut markings that would help to identify the make or model.

It is approximately 6 ft high (the main radiator, that is. Overall, it's about 8 ft), one-piece fiberglass. Designed to be used as a vertical base antenna.

There are four radials sandwiched between two plates as a base. They are 90° to each other, and 90° to the plane of the antenna (horizontal).

The coax connection is an N-connector and is below the base plate, but at about a 45° angle to the plane of the antenna and the radials.

I know that this antenna works on 2-meters just fine, and it looks like it might be a dual-band (2-meter & 70-cm) antenna, but I haven't been able to test it on UHF yet.

If anyone out there could point me in the right direction to start looking for information that seems to match this antenna, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KD7RF

KD7RF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KE0RG likes this.
  3. KE0RG

Thanks Mike!

It does look like a Hustler antenna! I don't know why I never checked Hustler when I was searching. I'm glad you got me looking in the right direction.

Still not sure which model I have... but now I have a place to start.

My antenna looks like a G6-270... but has the radials of the 2-meter-only units. I'll have to do some digging.

Thanks again Mike, and 73!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. KD7RF

KD7RF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You’re welcome! Each radial on my G6-270R is 20.25”. The overall length of the antenna with mount is 101.5”.

KE0RG likes this.
  5. KE0RG

Bingo! Sounds like a match!