Need Help. IC-7410 CW Keyer Via USB Cable

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by YD4IRS, Feb 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. YD4IRS

YD4IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have IC-7410, it can keying CW via USB cable using RSBA1 software.
    But I have no info how to use it with other software e.g N1MM+ MixW FLdigi.
    Please share info for me. Thankyou.

Robby -YD4IRS

2. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

The method of keying depends, some what, on the software used. For example, HRD, CWType, and DXlab, can key directly through a USB interface. Here is an example from Amazon. But you need to be careful. The example I provided is intended for Yeasu radios but there should be other interfaces that work fine with Icom radios. You can usually find them with a google search.

But some software, like Fldigi, does not have direct keying capability. With Fldigi, you need to either convert the tones to OOK, for direct keying. Or, you can use the tones directly through the audio input, while in the SSB mode.

I have a IC-735 and built a interface for CI-V communication and included direct CW keying and PTT. The PTT/Keying interface uses a USB to Serial Port converter cable and a couple of transistors, diodes, and resistors. You can see how I did it on my web page on ICOM IC-735 - Digital Modes. Overall, connecting a computer to a radio is pretty simple.

3. YD4IRS

YD4IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello OM Martin,
    Thank you for reply.
    What I mean is keying directly via USB cable and radio mode is CW (A1A). Explained in the manual, that the USB cable connection available on the IC-7410 has CI-V capabilities and a Virtual USB Soundcard.
    If I run the RSBA1 software, I can directly keying from the software via a USB cable. But if I run other software like N1MM +, I can't find the PIN where CW is activated, whether DTR or RTS, I have tried both of them still unsuccessful.
    I've seen on the IC-7300, there is a menu on the radio to choose whether the CW Key uses DTR or RTS. I did not find this menu on IC-7410.
    I hope that I don't need an additional cable to do this, except the USB cable. Can I?

Attached Files: