ad: elecraft

Need help hallicrafters ht 9

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by N5CAC, Aug 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5CAC

N5CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

So I recently came into possession of a beautiful ht 9 transmitter also a few coils sets it has a few crystals in it too
    So since I got it I have only scanned across the manual briefly also haven't had too much time to play hobby lately
    Work and family life has had me pretty busy so looking to know from someone with a greater wealth of knowledge has anyone had one and successful at applying a vfo as I have a vf1 on hand I want to keep this thing as close to stock as possible only possibly taking the crystal section and oscillator out of line by switch

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I would read the manual and pay special attention to ERRTA section Note 3(a) and understand how this Exciter circuit functions with those 2 6L6's.

Pheel

3. N5CAC

N5CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the reply yes I haven't read the manual thoroughly but will in soon time just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with these types of transmitters as I am aware there are several models similar to the ht 9 but vary in different ways in design just wanted to try to use a vfo instead of having to buy crystals that may or may not work shelling out the money people want for them these days