Need help for power experiment (Europe - DX)

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by DO7KX, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
  1. DO7KX

DO7KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for short notice. I can make it 15:10. Talk to you.
    73 Stefan

2. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm in the shack now I'll be listening

3. DO7KX

I was QRV portable and calling today from 15:10 to around 15:45 until empty battery. Only very few stations on the band. Although I had a nice and clear QSO with VE3AQQ on 28.460.

I suspect that the propagation was very selective - was calling you for while and also scanning around the band with no result. I did hear KG2KJ from NYC calling CQ but my reply did not come through at all. He said that he was hearing a station but could not read it. I think propagration was simply too bad today.

Once its gets better I will shoot you a message - then we could repeat the try if you like.

Have a vy nice weekend Tom and thank you for your time.

73s, Stefan

4. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I listened from 15:10 til 16:10 as well checking between 28.460 and 28.463 I did hear KG2KJ and VE3AQQ just not you:(. we can try again another time

5. DO7KX

I was slightly below 28.460 to get some distance to VE3AQQ who was quite close.

Lets wait for better propagation. I will knock on your door once it gets better :)

Thanks
    73s Stefan

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Stefan:

I'd be happy to work you on 10 whenever the band is open. It's a good idea to start with higher power and then taper the power down after making contact. You might be surprised how little power it takes...especially if 10 meters is open!

Eric

7. DO7KX

Hi Eric,

according Qrz.com your QTH is Alaska. I am surprised that there is a possibility to reach you from Europe on 10m at all. I was told that Alaska is not that easy to reach from Europe because of polar propagation effects. Or is that true for the lower bands only?

We should definately also have a sked when 10m is open. I can't wait :)

Stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.