Need Excel to run AC6LA's AutoEZ

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA7ARK, Jan 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all the comments. The only apparently legitimate copies of Office seem to be used ones. The used home and student edition is what I’ll get for about $20 with shipping. I did not find any new unused versions of Office, but I’m sure the available stock changes all the time.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You did not look very hard at the link I provided.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-...rsion-Access-Excel-Word-etc-5PCS/303310934007

Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Full Version Access Excel Word

"Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing."

Good Luck.

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, but that has a "volume license" and is not permitted to be transferred. I won't knowingly participate in breaking the MS license terms. The home and student version license can be transferred.

4. KD0KZE

KD0KZE Ham Member QRZ Page

Alas, I solved all of my Windows problems in the shack by converting 100% to Linux. If it won't run natively under Linux I don't run it.

I did some Googling around and there is some discussion out there about adding VB compatibility plugins to OpenOffice, and methods of converting M$ Office macros to Calc code. A shame the programmer hasn't done that yet, if he's charging a fee for the full version, he could boost his profits if it'll run on an open source platform. I haven't used M$ Office at home or work in a decade or so.

73, KD0KZE / Paul