ad: cq2k-1

Need Device Driver For USB Floppy Disk Drive

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KS2G, Aug 31, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For sure!

Consider this, that I just found on-line:

Using the procedure that I describe in my post #3, Floppy Disk Drive (A) will appear in File Explorer under This PC.
    I can right-click on it and select Pin to Quick Access and place Floppy Disk Drive A on the Quick Access list.
    If I then close Explorer, the next time I open it, Floppy Disk Drive A does not appear under This PC but remains on the Quick Access list.
    If I disconnect the drive and close Explorer, the next time I open it a "placeholder" -- ?A:\ -- appears on the Quick Access list.
    If I connect the drive with Explorer open, nothing happens.
    But if I close Explorer and re-start the computer with the drive attached, when I open Explorer it will again appear on the Quick Access list, but not under This PC.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  2. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've run into several cases of local network shares randomly disappearing in odd cases. Yes, all the usual fixes were tried. Our solution was to map it to a drive letter. That one seem to stay consistent in Explorer. Long story why they weren't mapped already. There was another network problem years and versions ago with some software the solution at that time was to not map the drives. The reason was eventually fixed but people kept doing it the "old way" out of habit. Anyway...

You can do the same thing with your own computer drives. Make the A drive shared, then map it to another letter. Make sure to set the /persist flag. Even if the "A" drive disappears from Explorer the mapped share should stay visible and work. Yeah, it's a bit of a kludge but it works.

3. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the suggestion, but knowledge required is beyond my pay grade.
    What I've described works for my purpose -- transferring desired floppy content to usb thumb drive(s).
    No need for me to go any further.
    ;)