ad: UR5CDX-1

Need competent tech.

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N8WXT, Aug 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, and for the LV supply, you have two separate caps, cap, choke, cap, maybe replace those as well.
    It would be a good idea for me to replace those, they are original.....

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

What are the cap and voltage values of the caps and the dimensions?

I have a number of rectangular oil-filled caps that need to go since I don't use them or have any future plans to use them.

You can PM via my current email.

Pheel

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear OM: If the cap turns out to not be the problem, I advise you begin by sitting down and reading the 32V manual all the way through. Collins manuals are pretty good at explaining everything and describing the way the equipment works. Post any questions you have here while reading and we will try to explain. GL

4. N8WXT

N8WXT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The cap is only part of the problem I'm sure but it was bad given the amount of oil that it leaked out. Also I have been reading a lot on the manual and online about the transmitter I am only home on weekends so will get back at it when I get home .

5. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

A leaky capacitor could indicate overpressure due to overheating, or just plain rusting of the case.

An area I would check is the resonant choke system C-109/L-113.

Pheel

6. N8WXT

N8WXT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There was deformation around the cap it appeared to be rusting under the paint as it was slightly bubbled up . I'm going to pull the remaining cap and replace both with a single cap. I don't know the reason behind two caps as I have seen this same transmitter with just the single cap so will be going to that .