Need a logging program

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by WY0Q, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5MOA

N5MOA Subscriber QRZ Page

DXKeeper does. I'm guessing most others do also.

2. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's pretty weird. I get all the user group e-mails and have never heard of that happening although it may at times. People just don't have many problems with ACLog. Most of the questions that come up are just about how to do things with it and are easily resolved.
    Probably a lot of the general logging programs do that now. ACLog does and is easy to set up for LOTW and use. It has an LOTW interface.

3. W4SUL

W4SUL Ham Member QRZ Page

XMLog does this as well. It also imports LOTW data and sets the qsl as received. Really can't beat it for the money (Free)

Sparrow

4. N8UZE

N8UZE Ham Member QRZ Page

ACLOG by N3FJP is the easiest to learn and use. I have NEVER had any problems with it. Yes it does export to LOTW.

I've experimented with several other logging programs and they all have much steeper learning curves. ACLOG is very user friendly and pretty intuitive. I highly recommend it for a beginner to computer logging. Later if you need something more sophisticated, you can always export an ADIF and make the change. You can try it for free for up to about 30 contacts.

5. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You might want to look at LOGic as well. It has a very seemless integration with LoTW and eQSL.

.........Bob

7. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

The last 3 are looking better. Features seem the same on every logging program. I don't mind and expect to pay for this program in the end.

LOGic 8
    LOGic 8 is $129. The upgrade price for those of you who have LOGic 7 is $39. The upgrade price for LOGic 6 users and below is $69.

ACLOG:
    There are two packages options - the $49 N3FJP Software Package & CD and the $39 N3FJP Software Package w/o CD. The N3FJP Software CD includes all the latest programs and the AC Log Ready Calldata. We write the CDs as we receive the orders so they are always current. The programs on the CD are the SAME programs that can be downloaded from the website for free.

XMLog

Although XMLog is freeware any support you can provide to help continue XMLog development and maintenance will be greatly appreciated.

If you find XMLog useful and would like to make a contribution please send it to the address shown at the end of this page.
    You can also use PayPal to make on-line donations using a credit card or your PayPal account.

DXKeeper is free, comprehensive amateur logging software

Ham Radio Deluxe Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) is a suite of free Windows programs providing computer control for commonly used transceivers and receivers. HRD also includes mapping, satellite tracking and the digital mode program Digital Master 780 (DM780).

8. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Over the last 3 years I have used all the free programs and about all of the demos with the best reviews and have all that have been named above. At the end of trying them all I chose the most full featured one that far outpaced the others for general logging and award, DX chasing every one you can think of. I don't think there is much that you can't customize in this program from logging to spotting Logic8. For a free one HRD new log book works ok.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  9. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I used LOGic for years as a general logging program. Since version 3 which was DOS entirely. I would not recommend it to anyone as it always had issues. I gave up after buying version 6. Too much cost in the upgrades that were not all that impressive. Eventually you have a lot of money into just a logging program if you keep up with the upgrades!! It tries to do too much and nothing all that well. It was not well integrated into the Windows environment through version 6 at least. The database needed a lot of maintenance from some little DOS based applets that are included. Perhaps it has gotten better now but I am past it and not returning! I am sure that there are some freeware programs that would easily meet your needs. Try some out for a while and see what you think. I use ACLog and N1MM as well. I have never regretted transitioning to them.

10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Looks like your opinion on LOGic is based on what the program was MANY years ago. NOTHING you mentioned remotely applies to it today. I've used LOGic for several years and find it interfaces my whole shack, including rig, rotor and everything else very seamlessly. It also handles LoTW and eQSL with the touch of a button. My current version is 8.0.96.

.........Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.