Need a logging program

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by WY0Q, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WY0Q

WY0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Can anyone suggest a good "Free" logging program? I would purchase a better one in the future, after I get comfortable understanding how they work. For now, I log the old fashion way--I write it in a book.
    Edit/Delete Message

2. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

N1MM

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R

3. W4SUL

W4SUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been very happy with XMLOG. Simple, clean and easy to use. I also like the fact that it doesn't take up the entire desktop like many of them do!

Sparrow

4. N9HQ

N9HQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

N1MM is great for contesting, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyday logging.

I use DX Keeper, part of DX Lab Suite http://www.dxlabsuite.com/ It has a lot of features, maybe too many for someone who wants something simple.

For simple and easy to use, Ham Radio Deluxe is good. But it doesn't do everything I want, hence my choice of DX Keeper.

6. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

I was in a little bit of a hurry, but I agree with your statement. I don't use an electronic log for every day logging, I write it on paper, but when I'm making contest contacts, I use N1MM.

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R

7. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They are all a little different and will all require at least some learning curve.
    Features in one may not be in the other. So understanding one program may not tell you much about another and difficulty with one may put you off to using one at all. Try N3FJP's ACLog free trail period or unregistered version. There are also others that are free out there but I am not familiar with them.
    You can find any number of threads about logging programs if you search in this forum.

8. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

Second vote for AC Log by N3FJP.

9. W6UDX

W6UDX Ham Member QRZ Page

I know ACLog is quite popular but it didn't work out for me (the paid version). I did not care for the interface but the main problem was after entering a couple of dozen contacts the data base would get corrupted and lose some of the first several entries. Several fresh installations did not solve the issue. I then tried several other programs (DX Keeper, et. al.) and settled on HRD. After several months of using HRD it has been solid as a rock. Great program and worth trying out. I am surprised it is free software.

ron

10. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

What about logging program that also exports to Logbook of the world? I think that is ADIF format? Still new to this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.