ad: elecraft

Need a hand.. can anyone contact me on 14.203?

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by K2QI, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi John,

A QSO would be nice. Perhaps sometime this weekend? Name the time and frequency and I'll attempt to contact you.

I don't know why I brain-farted my earlier request; normally I take precaution to ensure that I'm legal to transmit on that frequency. I guess I just screwed up; my mistake.

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Time/ Frequency?

James,

Tell me when and where. I'll be glad to meet you!

Try the upper frequencies on twenty: Sometimes there is space above 14.300.

14.305- 14.350 lots of nets up there, but open space is available.

CU L8TR

73 Gary

3. AB8AL

AB8AL Ham Member QRZ Page

Got to wonder

Lets see first licensed on the 8th upgrades to General on the 12th and through all this hasn't a clue about the HF band plans. Congrats on being able to memorize enough answers to pass the test, now maybe relax and actual read the manuals and really learn the subject or as a minimum the rules and regs portion.

Know for the help what rig are you using?

4. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been reading a lot, and yes I did pass my tests quickly but that doesn't mean I have no clue about what I'm doing. I have print outs of the HF bandplans taped to my wall next to the station and while I've been making it a habit to look everytime before transmitting, I must have just looked at it wrong. Again, sorry for that... my mistake. I did not transmit though; rather just waited to see if anyone would try to make contact after my request. Either way, I've learned a valuable lesson.

Anyway... it's a Yaesu FT-840. I readjusted the compressor potentiometer back to the factory settings and wanted to confirm whether or not it had a negative effect.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  5. KD5ZEW

KD5ZEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Try the OMISS net on saturday.

http://www.omiss.net/index.php

the 20 meter net had quite a few people, instructions are on the webpage.

-John KD5ZEW

6. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

You can give me a call at 7.046, Im around 13wpm or so though.

Have fun, HF is a blast! Dont forget the QSL cards, there fun to send and receive!

Andrew

7. KI4WCA

KI4WCA Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to HF

Congratulations on the upgrade!Hope to work you soon!!

8. K4NIN

K4NIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me know if you will be around in the next few. I just worked a small station in Maine, and got a 5/9 back(17M). The band may be open for a bit longer on 20. Or, you could try 17......

9. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey there K4NIN, thanks for the offer. Perhaps next weekend? I was able to get out on 40 meters today though. The band was open for some time this afternoon. Had a few QSO's with stations in North Carolina, Florida and Louisiana. I was getting a 57, 58 most of the time except when the noise floor began to rise. Not bad for my little MP-1 antenna. I got your PM, and we'll sked something for next weekend if you're not busy.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  10. K4NIN

K4NIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds good, will hear you then...Cheers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.