Need a hand.. can anyone contact me on 14.203?

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by K2QI, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

If you need to be 5 Khz above the band limit for USB, you've got one hell of a bad transmitter. I would think 14.226 would be more than enough.

2. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I stand by my original post....

3. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have some sort of problem with me? I'm new to this, so I'm trying to learn this as I go. I haven't been doing this for years unlike some. So, unless you have any sort of beneficial information or positive advice for me, I suggest you stay out of my thread. I'm not here to stroke your ego by arguing with you if that's what you're after. If it is, I suggest you go get your kicks somewhere else.

To everyone else who has posted in this thread, thank you. I'm sorry, I did not realize that my request was out of band for my status. I will make a more concerted effort to check my documents prior to requesting assistance. Basically, all I wanted to do is check to see if my voice processor and ALC settings were set correctly. I guess to some people, that's too petty of an issue to be bothered with helping someone... :rolleyes:

P.S. 14.203 was chosen because that frequency had minimal interference at the time and no one else was using it. I know better now.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't sweat it. Those who might feel it too petty would be the same ones making a big deal if it caused a problem.

As for making sure you stay within your area of allowed operation try the ARRL band plan chart. Always a good thing to have hanging nearby.

The chart can be downloaded here: http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/bands.html

Now next time make sure you know everything before you ask a question. :D:D

Seriously, congrats on passing your test and welcome to the hobby. It is a lot of fun once you learn to separate a lot of what you will see here from the hobby itself.

5. W9MAV

W9MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Or just get on CW you take up less bandwith:):)

6. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks James!

James,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case. Now you did notice that the band is quieter down low. Did you also notice that low in the band is where the DX hangs out?

That's called incentive!

Thanks for the updates, and if I was not on the road, I'd be glad to meet up with you on twenty or fifteen meters to welcome you to HF and to assist you in getting your rif set up properly.

Just a quick note; don't worry too much about using the processor, and don't waste money on an amplifier at this point.

73 Gary

7. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you N7RJD and WG7X for your replies. I'll listen some more, read some more, and one day get my antenna set up properly for 20M use. I bought my radio used so I returned the processor settings to the factory position (it's a small pot on the back of the radio) and wanted to make sure that compression wasn't screwed up by doing so.

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

You specifically? No. People like you who can't seem to take a lousy 5 minutes to familiarize themselves with their own privileges? Yep.

My, my. Aren't we full of venom? Do you always go off on people who point out your mistakes? Better get rid of that chip, or you're not going to like it here.

Even when I was new, I always made sure I didn't step outside of my bounds. I was too afraid of getting a warning from the FCC not to check where I was and if I was permitted there.

BTW, I'll poke my nose in any thread I feel like. Get used to it.

As for any "beneficial" advice, again I'd suggest taking a lousy 5 minutes of your time to learn exactly what your privileges are before you make a more serious mistake down the road.

9. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

"People like you."

Wow.

So there are those who make mistakes from time to time like me, and then there's you? Are you the Messiah?

When people provide me with feedback, either negative or positive I listen and I take notes. On the other hand, when people start with the sarcastic, asinine one-liners, then I have a problem with that. Anyway, I've wasted enough time responding to you and I'll no longer do so. I hope you have a good day and thank you for pointing out my mistakes.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  10. KD5ZEW

KD5ZEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't feel bad

I got my general CSCE last saturday. Made a 100 on the test with no sweat, I still keep a copy of the band plan and privileges next to the xmiter, I look at it just about every time i key up after tuning a new freq. get used to it soon enough. I would be glad to attempt a QSO with you within our band privileges. BTW I took my tech and general and passed the same day, didn't get the code before the gen CSCE expired=( . Second time was a charm, still learning the code though, can't wait to try some mountian top QRP CW!!

John
    kd5zew /AG :p
    San Antonio, TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.