need a big DELETE button

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by KC4TVZ, Aug 12, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ Logbookm needs a big DELETE button for rejections and no confirmations. If we could DELETE them all at once instead of scrolling through pages, 380 in my case, they would get imported back over to QRZ Logbook from aRRL LoTW and have a better chance of confirmations.

Thanks!

73 KC4TVZ Todd

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Create a New View with QSO Status of Unconfirmed. Load that view then click in the top right box to select all QSO's on that page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ACTION button then select Delete. This will delete up to 200 unconfirmed at once (if set 200 records per page).

3. KC4TVZ

I got 380 pages of 200. hahaha. No, probably not that many but there is a bunch of them. 73 KC4TVZ Todd

4. KC4TVZ

Thanks...! That does work and it does include the rejections but I still got 174 pages with 200 contacts on each. 73 KC4TVZ Todd

5. KC4TVZ

Yes, it did delete the rejections just at it deleted the unconfirmed. A happy QRZ User a couple days later. 73 KC4TVZ Todd

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

By deleting unconfirmed QSO records, there can no longer be a confirmation match should worked party enter its record of the QSO at a later date. You are not doing a worked party a favor doing so.

KP4SX likes this.
  7. KC4TVZ

Yes, deletions come back over to QRZ Logbook from ARRL LoTW on the next download.

That way, I can request for them to confirm the QSO, again because they did did not confirm the first time. That is why I needed the big delete button.

Anyway, I got the XYL to help me go through the 174 pages of 200 this past weekend, deleting, then downloaded from ARRL LoTW again to request confirmation.

Now, I am trying to keep up with all the rejections. Man, they sure do reject a lot. Simply because they don't know the time of QSO. However I am gaining many confirmations by doing all this.

It had a been a couple years since I did this and the 200 limit had been changed from 1000 limit. Just wish there was 3 big buttons.

#1Please sign my QRZ Web folder.
    #2 Please confirm any QSO contact.
    #3 Please do not reject because you did not write down the Time of QSO.

Many times, I can email them a copy of what I entered and they realize I used UTC time and that is enough to turn a rejection into a confirmation.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've never had a confirmation rejection on QRZ. Granted the confirmation rate is pretty low compared to LoTW or even eQSL

9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Coincidentally, I received a few requests from the OP which I rejected as dups since the date/time/band/mode were already confirmed.

10. KC4TVZ

I got a lot more stations to confirm this time around, SUCCESS. However, there are still a lot of stations who just want to talk on their radio without confirmation. That is OK, since the sync of QRZ Logbook and ARRL LoTW, a lot more confirmations. Now, just waiting on the sync of QRZ Logbook with eQSL. When that happens, it will be a very happy day because I know there are lot more stations who use and confirm on eQSL than even QRZ Logbook and/or ARRL LoTW.