ad: Mircules-1

Need 20 Meters for LoTW (SSB or FT8, but prefer FT8 for now): GA

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by AI4RA, Jul 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AI4RA

AI4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oddly enough, I do not have the state of GA confirmed on LoTW for 20 Meters from my QTH in north Alabama. Plenty of the great state of Georgia is outside of my skip zone, but just haven't been able to do it or see anyone from grid locators EM71, EM81 or EM91 (all of which should be well outside my skip zone on 20m). I'd prefer to do it via FT8 since that mode works well in these days of low sunspots and generally poor band conditions. So all of you GA LoTWer's: please ping me here and let me know when you'll be on and your callsign and I'll try to work you! Evenings after 7 PM CDT (0000 Z) work best for me. 20 has been open well into the evenings lately...

Once I get GA confirmed on LoTW, I'll have WAS for 20 meters. Thanks for your help!

Tnx and vy 73,
    Raf (AI4RA)

2. N4MI

N4MI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Raf, if you haven’t already worked GA on 20m FT8, I’d be happy to try a sked. I’m available and on the radio most evenings.

3. AI4RA

AI4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, Dan! How about perhaps tonight, tomorrow or Friday? I should be on the air on 20m about 8 PM CT each day (which would be (9 PM your time); does that work for you? FT8 would work great for me; I'm set up well for it with my new IC-7300. You're about 280 miles from me, give or take, so I'm hoping that we can connect on 20m. 20m has been open well into the evenings here of late. I saw on your QRZ page that you're looking for some states for band endorsements as well. If you ever need AL for any other band, please let me know and I'll be glad to give it a shot for you!

Thanks again and 73!
    Raf

4. N4MI

N4MI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I expect to be in the shack every evening this week. Send me an email (qrz.com address is current) when you’re ready and we’ll give it a try. If 14.074 is too crowded, we can move up to 14.079 to avoid the QRM. Happy to help and hope we can make it work. I’m trying to get LoTW confirmations for ND and WV on CW for the Triple Play Award.