Nebraska Hams

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7AGA, Apr 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WJ0TX

WJ0TX Ham Member QRZ Page

Johnny was from Norfolk, and the theater at the University of Nebraska is named for him. I don’t think Perkins was actually from Nebraska, though obviously closely associated with it because of Wild Kingdom.

An aside about Carson, kinda: Dave Letterman always received his “Top 10” from the “Late Show Home Office” in Wahoo. The phone booth they used is still there but I think the sign has been covered with an ad for a steakhouse.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

All I can say is it's a BEAUTIFUL state if you love wide open spaces - just like Iowa. Traveled to and through both many times. I'd live in either state if I could

Dave
    W7UUU

N7AGA and WJ0TX like this.
  3. WJ0TX

WJ0TX Ham Member QRZ Page

Going up through the Sandhills and into the Pine Ridge (and even pushing on up into S.D. and the Black Hills) may be one of the prettiest drives I’ve ever been on. And I’ll be making it again this week!

W7UUU likes this.
  4. N7AGA

N7AGA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Man, I'm enjoying all the comments. I've lived in in the midwest before, been through a lot of it when I was OTR driver. I do love wide open spaces. I've loved living in the PNW, but am looking forward to moving and seeing middle america.

WJ0TX and KP4SX like this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bet the Nebraska travelers know this spot.

bchimneyrock.jpg

NL7W, N5PZJ, W0AQ and 1 other person like this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahh, 90 miles from Alliance.
    Scotty, beam it up.

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

While that is a true statement, I prefer eastern Wyoming. Better tax scheduling in WY.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Wyoming is fabulous too - I love the whole "wide open Western states" thing - Montana is the one state I find myself in more than the others, as my business interests take me there. Idaho as well - Eastern Oregon - ANYWHERE that isn't Seattle or Portland LOL :)

Dave
    W7UUU

NL7W and WZ7U like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Or Dave, up close to the ocean. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

10. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page