ad: CQMM-1

NEAR FEST & New England Tech Trek... May 4th & 5th

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KA1PXZ, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KA1PXZ

KA1PXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

New England's largest HAMFEST.... May 4th & 5th at the Deerfield (NH) Fairgrounds, 34 Stage Road, Deerfield, NH. Visit http://www.near-fest.com/ for more information.

Flea Market, Commercial Vendors, Exhibits, Forums..... It's all there! Overnight camping available on the grounds both Thursday and Friday night......

The New England Tech Trek (NETT) is a NEW event going on at the Deerfield Fairgrounds simultaneously with NEAR-Fest’s Spring Amateur Radio Festival. Sponsored by NEAR-Fest and the Deerfield Fair Association this is an event designed to showcase and demonstrate a variety of different STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) technologies and subjects which are new and emerging or have become a part of everyday lives. This event focuses heavily on school age youth, but there are subjects to interest every age group.

N1VAU and KC1HLU like this.
  2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

NEARFEST...... NEARFEST.......... NEARFEST!!!!!!!!!

(It's a great event + fleamarket, well worth going)

3. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Friday looks rainy, but the deals are better...
    Saturday looks like perfect flea mkt weather...
    Decisions, decisions...:D

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I was there for the Fall 2017 Session...

Interesting area weather wise Spring or Fall, you might have 30f at 7am and 72 at 2pm. :)

Have fun!!!!

5. KC1HLU

KC1HLU Ham Member QRZ Page

As a new Ham, I attended last October and again this May. Weather was really decent both times (we were there for both days each time). I was severely underwhelmed this May, based on my prior October experience and don't intend to attend another May event. Last October the flea market area was wall-to-wall, this May less than 25% of that area was occupied. HRO doesn't attend May Near-Fest as all their equipment gets shipped to Hamvention a mere 2 weeks later . . . understandable but disappointing. Only two larger commercial vendors there were DXEngineering and CSI's NJ representative (great folks). Topics for the seminars changed as much as a couple days before the event and Saturday was exceptionally "light" on the seminars. Based on the parking area attendance was extremely light as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.