NE602/612 vs 74HC4053?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KB1CKT, Sep 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KX4OM

KX4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are interested in trying out a true H-Mode mixer, FAR circuits has a board. It is based on the article by IK4AUY in QEX 07-2004. It uses the FST3125. The FAR board is SMD for the part, and you would need to use the SMD package that matches the board layout. It comes in either 14-pin SOIC or TSSOP.

Also, check out Martein, PA3AKE's page on H-Mode mixers. He compares several ICs and transformers, including FT-37-43s as well as several from Mini-Circuits. He starts with his discovery of H-Mode mixers when he came across the CDG2000 transceiver on the web, and he contacted Colin Horrabin, G3SBI who was involved in the development of the H-Mode mixer. Martein's comparison of the ICs and transformers and their performance is extensive.

(https://martein.home.xs4all.nl/pa3ake/hmode/)

Mentioned in the QEX article is a brief mention of Ulrich Rhode's high performance switching mixer using discrete FETs, and discussion of an early H-Mode using a 74HC4006 by I7SWX in his Icom IC-751 rig.

Ted, KX4OM

2. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh that'd be fun--but a bit ahead of me right now. I'm just starting to play around a bit, finally getting around to building a diode mixer kit that I bought... 20 years ago? Only just getting back to homebrew.