ad: TinyPaddle-1

NB6GC USS Hornet Apollo 11 Splashdown Anniversary July 24/25

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K6ERA, Jul 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K6ERA

K6ERA Ham Member QRZ Page

HARC, The USS Hornet Amateur Radio Club NB6GC will be on the air July 24th and 25th celebrating the 52nd anniversary of the recovery of the Apollo 11 Astronauts by the USS Hornet on July 24, 1969. We will be providing a special QSL card to all stations that work us during this weekend. We will be specifically on the air on Saturday and Sunday from 0900 to 1700 PDST. Unfortunately no visitors will be allowed in the radio room for this event due to COVID restrictions. You can get more information about our club and its events on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NB6GC, or on our QRZ page.

73's from USS Hornet CVS-12 and NB6GC

QSL card:

pmJlrkih.jpg

KC1OCA, KJ7ZEI and KC7JNJ like this.
  2. W7USD

W7USD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi - sounds like fun! Will this be SSB only or any digital modes like FT8 as well?

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, no info about this event on NB6GC QRZ page.

What bands, frequencies, modes?

I don't have faceplant.

4. K6ERA

80-10m SSB,CW,FT8, DMR TG 91 and 93

5. K6ERA

Yes we should be on FT8 during the weekend and will also be on DMR TG 91 and 93

W7USD likes this.
  6. W7USD

W7USD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! Hope to catch you on the air!

7. YC7AGF

YC7AGF Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck..

8. KJ7ZEI

KJ7ZEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool special event! I was a bonafide space nerd when I was a kid. I sooo wanted to be an astronaut. What a great way to keep the history alive for those that want to remember or those that want to learn.

Thanks for the QSO

KC1OCA likes this.
  9. KC1OCA

KC1OCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If we opt for the "second program," (an awesome sounding deal!) should we make out the check/mo/bc etc to Sheryl Harkleroad, the QSL manager?

Nice looking card!

73 & happy I got in your log!

KJ7ZEI likes this.