ad: LZQSLprint-1

National Amateur Radio Operators Day Bill REINTRODUCED

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N7KCB, Apr 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job Raymond!!

N7KCB and KD2UHD like this.
  2. KD2UHD

KD2UHD Ham Member QRZ Page

I totally agree

KD2UHF, KD2UYI, XZ7A and 2 others like this.
  3. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

And it still won't go thru. Because we are mostly old white guys ( and a few ladies).

4. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Only worse... they have already got their day!

5. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah, useless, because 10/27 is a wednesday this year. National Black Cat day should at least be on a Friday 13th, or 10/31...

6. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a (b)ank holiday dedicated to hams?
    Or a presidential executive order re: 'hams', which the president creates & then congress vetoes?

And by way of, this goes to show how little even the most apparently well informed US nationali(z)d citizens actually know about 'murican' politics. Since I learned it from our long belated. ill-fated and much parodied UK Guardian correspondent and author of 'letter-from-America', Alistair Cooke. By 'ill-fated' I mean, upon his death in the US, his body was carved up for 'spare-parts' (organs) and sold, against family wishes, to the highest bidder.

In his 'America' DVD set, he states that executive orders can be and seemingly are, vetoed by congress. Apparently this is not so, at all.
    https://www.thefreemanonline.org/can-congress-overturn-executive-orders/

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  7. WA5HDC

WA5HDC Ham Member QRZ Page

"mostly old white guys (and a few ladies)" pretty much describes the United States Congress...

KY4GD and KD2UHF like this.
  8. KI5NGL

KI5NGL Ham Member QRZ Page

Echo the sentiments of a complete waste of time.

If they REALLY wanted to honor Amateur Radio Operators, they would severely limit HOA / local enforcement of antenna restrictions.

W7ASA likes this.
  9. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you know or care that these National Days were today, 5/18/2021?

Visit Your Relatives Day

No Dirty Dishes Day

Cheese Soufflé Day

HIV Vaccine Awareness Day

No? And neither would anyone about Amateur Radio Day.

The national day stuff is more than a bit silly when you look at many of the things listed.
    May also contains 19 National _____ Weeks, many of them are just as laughable as the days. May is also the National _____ _____ Month for nearly 50 different things on top of that. It's all meaningless.

W7UUU likes this.
  10. N6AQ

N6AQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We have much more important matters to discuss like gender studies which seems to be a very confusing topic for some. I am sure they will find a reason not to recognize legitimacy once again.

11. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

Gripe gripe gripe. Complain complain complain. Whine whine whine. Has anyone given thanks today for waking up this morning?! The Zed always under promises and over delivers!!

Don’t worry, be happy!

12. KD1ELK

KD1ELK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

THIS. The fact we protect OTA and Dish antennas but not ham is crazy. Heck, at this point I'd be thrilled with restrictive allowance....baby steps.

13. KY4GD

KY4GD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does this mean that pizza, ferrets, daiquiris and black cats all have better lobbyists than we do? I have been on the fence about joining the ARRL, but maybe I should ask a ferret who represents them.

14. KF5PV

KF5PV Ham Member QRZ Page

heard you on the air last night.

15. KK4RAG

KK4RAG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Let me get this straight. We have to pay for a license so we can work for them for free? They could have helped us by passing that HOA bill. I think it was H.R. 1301.

W0AEL likes this.