ad: CQMM-1

NASA to host live Q&A on tracking our next Solar Cycle

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7USD, Sep 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have the time check out suspiciousobservers.org
    They are very cutting edge to whats going on and if you dig going back years you can clearly see how the science establishment does back flips to counter them then over time accept much of their work. One of the biggest takeaways is their tracking of the weakening magnetic field as we close in on reversal. As it stands now lesser solar storms will have a greater impact then in the past. Going to be interesting how that will play in relation to radio. and propagation.

2. WB0ZRD

WB0ZRD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As a scientist, although in a different field, your statements are so wrong.

K7RA, W6APH and KN4LGM like this.
  3. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Coming from a "scientist", I would expect a remark such as yours.

4. K6UTJ

K6UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, cycle 25 will be as bad or worse than 24... as we slip further into Grand Solar Minimum.... and our shields continue to weaken. Solar forcing is the leading progenitor of our planet's increased carbon emissions... We are actually cooling.... more so then warming...

Ben has been covering this unfolding train wreck for years....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    NL7W likes this.
  5. KG8ZQ

KG8ZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We golfing hams frequently use haruspicy to settle disputes on the course. It's much easier than reading "The Rules of Golf"!

VK5FUSE likes this.
  6. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Having gone through 5 SOLAR CYCLES & counting, my own PREDICTION is a "100 YEAR MAUNDER CYCLE" up & coming!!! Look @ the glowing reports given to "CYCLE 24", and look what we ended up with!!! :) Of course EVEN WITH (NO) SUNSPOTS WE'LL STILL BE ABLE TO WORK "LONG-HAUL STUFF" LIKE I DID IN "CYCLE 24", YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO BE ON THE RIGHT BAND (MUF) and be VERY, VERY PATIENT!!!

VK5FUSE and NL7W like this.
  7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

No, he is not.

8. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I called this 2 or 3 years ago.

Yes, we're in for some kind of grand solar minimum. It's duration and or depth, or how bad it's going to be, is unknown at this point.

https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/09/05/global-cooling-noaa-confirms-full-blown-grand-solar-minimum/

NN6EE likes this.
  9. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

According to SpaceWeather dot com today marks the 200th day in 2020 where the sun has been completely spotless. There are 86 days remaining in the year. In 2019 there were 281 days without sunspots. There's a slight chance for 2020 to exceed that, but it doubt it will happen. In 2018 there were 221 with no sunspots. Wake up Sol.

NL7W and NN6EE like this.
  10. WB0ZRD

WB0ZRD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmm, interesting. Do you know me? Do you know what I do for living? Do you know my background?

11. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope. I just don't care who or what you are or claim.

We'll know soon enough. Circle back with me at the peak of this new 11-year cycle...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020