ad: SDRKits-1

NAQP Youth Teams

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KJ5T, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Note: Being on the team is a Single-Op effort.. so you couldn't op with him as a Multi-Op/Single Radio...

I am registering teams in 30 minutes (7pm Central Daylight-Savings Time 0000z)

2. KJ5T

Final Teams registered, please use the call registered.. review the rules, have fun and I hope to join you all for a few hours Saturday evening and hopefully might catch a few of you.

Thanks for registering your team at 19 Aug 2006 0004Z

Team: Young Hot Shots
    KD7TAX(KD7TAX)
    AE6YD(AE6YD)
    KG4OGN(KG4OGN)
    AD5UT(AD5UT)
    VE6NHZ(VE6NHZ)

Thanks for registering your team at 19 Aug 2006 0005Z

Team: Young Hot Shots #2
    KD5OWO(KD5OWO)
    VE6WTF(VE6WTF)

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

3. VE6NHZ

VE6NHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

t minus two hours guys...

4. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

And just WHERE were you all ??

Not one of you calls is in my log, and I do not remember hearing ANY ONE of them !

Shame, Shame, Shame !!!

I was expecting to catch at least ONE of you !

5. KJ5T

Sorry Bill... I was planning to get off work and get home but I ended up having to work till seven. I got home around 7:30 with a few hours left in the test but I didn't feel like turning on the radio after being gone from the house for over 12 hours.

6. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

You all do understand that I am just razzing you.
    I sincerly hope that you all did very well, and had a ball in the contest.
    (I would have liked to log at least one of 'ya though. and give you a PA multiplier, but I'm sure you got PA anyhow)

I managed a WHOPPING 160 contacts.....

Hey, Quit your laughing !!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. VE6NHZ

VE6NHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not laughing....

I was able to manage 15 contacts in four hours!!!!!!

yep, after four hours (and yes I WAS trying, it's just that my station sucks so badly) I said screw it and submitted my log....

yep final score of 150...

But I had fun, and I'll gladly do it again!

8. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Conditions just weren't great that day. Sorry to hear you only made 15 contacts in 4 hours. I know how frustrating that must be. There is a NA Sprint coming up soon, maybe you'll be able to get on that one and do better? I managed 157 QSOs in about 3 1/2 - 4 hours time. I wish I could of worked more, but I caught the contest a couple of hours after it began, and had to be at work at 11pm that night so I had to cut out around 6pm and get some sleep. [​IMG]

I had a lot of fun even if I was just a solo op.

9. KB1LVM

KB1LVM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 13 and have my general. I really don't like doing contests but I would like to sked. with you. I hope I will have the chance to talk with you guys. Write me back soon
    Merideth
    KB1LVM
    P.S. If you absolutely, positively need me because someone backed out at the last minute I will consider joining the contest.
    [​IMG]

10. KJ5T

We are always looking for new teammates. While contesting is on hold for me while I go ot school and work every weekend, January begins the next round of NAQP contests and coming up on the 15th is the RTTY contest for NA Sprint.

Anyone wanting to organize a youth team can do so on the NCJ website (www.ncjweb.com). While I can't really make any serious contesting efforts, I hope to see some other youth who perhaps have some free time attempt some of the contests. Invite your friends over, show them radio and control op for them. Even if they don't jump into radio after a weekend contest, it would be a great experience for them and atleast they would learn something new.

Also, if you have any stories to share, feel free to post them on the Youth forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.