NAQP Youth Teams

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KJ5T, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7ALY

K7ALY Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I got the Extra. Woot! Also, an Elmer is going to give me a mast so hopefully I'll have the antennas up and running soon. Count me in for the contest. [​IMG]

2. K7ALY

K7ALY Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay... no room for a mast, but I've got antennas up. And I noticed that the "last post" is still "KF6CZG"... gotta fix that.

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

well are you guys accepting Canadians in the contest? if i can get someone at the club to leave the door open for me i have a couple diff radio's to work with, a keyer and an antenna rotator, i might bring one other youth Ham i know. i am 15 so i count right? oh and i will have my 12wpm by then..

73 DE VE6WTF

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sadly Mike and I won't be operating the contest, I have to work and Mike has other obligations. I will register the team for those wishing to operate if you all would still like to.

Team # 1 (draft two - Final will be registered tomorrow afternoon)
    --------------------------------------------
    KD7TAX - Amy
    AE6YD - Justin
    KG4OGN- Alexander
    AD5UT -Andrew
    VE6NHZ - David
    There is the current team.. if anyone of you are dropping out please let me know, but I encourage those who can to operate. I would love to be in there with all of you but I must make money.

That is this week, registering the teams tomorrow evening, so please get with me if there are any changes. If anyone else is interested in joining, let me know. Also Canada stations are also welcome to join the contest.

Good luck, go out there and have fun and do a good job!

5. VE6NHZ

VE6NHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey guys,

Making the assumption that Canuck stations /ARE/ allowed, I'll run the contest, I've got pretty piss poor antennas (due to proerty restrictions) but it's primarily for fun right? and any contacts will count towards the total...

So yeah put me down for sure (assuming you get one more person) and I'll check back tommorow at 6pm mountain to find out if I'm running the contest (I'll only do it if I'm on a team, sadly I've not got the time to mount a decent effort on my own [​IMG] )

so yeah count me in...

Cheers and 73's
    -David
    (VE6NHZ)

6. VE6NHZ

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now please excuse my ignorance I get confused about this ALL the time... [​IMG]

But is the Extra the middle class or the top class?

either way go make HF antennas! they're the most fun to build!

cheers and 73's
    -David
    (VE6NHZ)

7. KJ5T

Welcome david.. One other team member had to bail so there was a spot for you. If anyone else is interested let me know and I can submit a second team with myself and you, though I will only get a couple of hours in the 'test at best.

8. VE6NHZ

yeah I have to work on the saturday night at 11pm local which is when I have to start work so I'll be able to work a good chunk but not the whole thing, so I guess it'll just be for fun then [​IMG]

Oh well, if you need to contact me drop me a line, at: d_chernenkoff[at]hotmail[dot]com (I don't like my email picked up in the spammers bot sweeps [​IMG] ) that's also my msn, I've read the rules for the contest it's very straight forward contest but I'm not sure how the team aspect works, do I use my own call? is there a team call we're using? or is it an individual effort and whatever QSO's I make also count towards the team?

I'lll be honest I've done some contesting but never as a team seperated by dx...

9. KJ5T

David -- I will be registering the teams with your callsigns. So use your own callsign. On your log form make a spot in the summary for "Team: Young Hotshots". It is an individual contest effort in which at the end they talley up the points for the teams and rank the teams.

10. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

HEY DAVID!!!!
    Do you think i could sneek in with you and we could operate in the contest together?? cuase i dont have a radio...
    i am in the contest now though, dont know which team.
    might be fun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.