NAQP Youth Teams

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KJ5T, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ Youth CQ Youth de KD5OWO CQ Youth CQ Youth De KD5OWO

NAQP is coming up again this August, and Mike N3CA and myself are planning to do yet another Youth Team operation. We will be using the name "Young Hotshots" again and we are looking for teamates. Anyone General class or above is welcome to join us for the SSB contest (1800Z August 19 to 0600Z August 20, 2006), and those Tech Plus, Novice, Tech With Code, and general and above may be interested in operating the CW contest (1800Z August 5 to 0600Z August 6, 2006) may also want to do a team. I am not certain if N3CA will be operating the CW contest or not, I am not currently planning but I may re-consider (OWO on CW, scary thought). Also there is a RTTY contest (1800Z July 15 to 0600Z July 16, 2006) which I may operate if I find a good RTTY app (for Linux mind you) and can get things going with my RIGblaster M8.

However, in the meantime, Mike and I are looking for operators to join our team (or teams, as 5 people are allowed for teams, and there are no limit on the number of teams). This is a great chance to show the world that there are youth out there!

The youth teams began with Mike and I chatting one evening on the net, and he asks me if I want to be on a Youth Team. I say "Sure" and so we get together with N4CV and AE6NY with team "No Old Men Allowed" earning a combined total of 142,758 points placing 8th out of 32 teams in the August 2005 NAQP SSB contest.

Here are are claimed scores for the 2006 contest:

Young Hotshots #1:
    N3CA(@N3HBX) 174,125
    KB0VVT 112,530
    N4CV(@NI1N) 86,400
    W2AU 51,058
    KC2NMZ 28,704
    Team Total: 452,817

Young Hotshots #2:
    KD7TDC 35,956
    KD5OWO 28,960
    KG4IUM 11,446
    AE6NY 9,514
    W4UAF(KG4USK) 220
    Team Total: 86,096

``````````````````````````````````````````````

August 2006 SSB Contest Team (Current ops, will be updated as we go along).

Team # 1 (draft two - final will be sent in tomorrow afternoon.)
    --------------------------------------------
    KD7TAX - Amy
    AE6YD - Justin
    KG4OGN- Alexander
    AD5UT -Andrew
    VE6NHZ - David

If you plan on operating in the contest, please let us know on the forum here, and we will add your name to the list. Mike and I will have team placements as we go along, so your team number is subject to change. Check here for updates.

2. K7ALY

K7ALY Ham Member QRZ Page

*ears perk up* Did somebody say contest?!

I'd certainly be interested in operating. Hopefully I'll have a different callsign by then... goin' for the Extra on Thursday... but I'll put up the antenna and get on the microphone at the very least. Not sure about the CW though...

3. KJ5T

Good luck Thursday on the Extra, I am sure you will do fine! When you get your new call I will update the list. I assume you will be operating from home. We will be glad to have you operating on the "Young Hotshots" team for the SSB contest.

Mike still hasn't emailed his "mailing list" so we don't have the other team mates who operated with us last year "booked" for this contest. However, we may be looking at 3 teams.

I will keep everyone updated here, and hopefully some other young guys with HF access will be interested in joining up with us.

4. N4TIA

N4TIA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm interested. I'm 18 and a General. If you need another team-member send me an e-mail. Take care, 73.

Alexander

5. KJ5T

We WANT another team member [​IMG]

I have put you on the list as possible operation, you can post here to confirm it.

THANKS!! Have fun!

6. N4TIA

N4TIA Ham Member QRZ Page

Alright, well you can count me in. I'll have to work around the school/work schedule but I am in during my free time. I will shoot you an e-mail with more information and questions.

Alexander

7. AD5UT

AD5UT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you still want another team member, I can help.

8. KJ5T

Okay Andrew, I put you on team #2 assuming we we get some other operators. However, a team requires at least two people. If we don't get anyone else, I still encourage you to work the contest.

Everyone who ops NEEDS to read the rules http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php

9. AD5UT

AD5UT Ham Member QRZ Page

So, if we have multiple ops on the RTTY contest, will there be a Young Hotshots team for that contest?

10. KJ5T

Mike and I are not planning to operate that contest, however, if you and atleast one other person wanted to operate that contest you could use the "Young Hotshots" name, that isn't a problem. Team Registration is on the NCJ website or if you would like I could just organize and register the team(s).

Same with the CW contest, which I had Amy/KD7TAX ask about. I will warn everyone interested in oping CW, they run 20wpm+ during the contest ; however, for anyone interested in operating you are again welcome to form a "Young Hotshots" team.

This is a good time for those who are into Digital, CW, and SSB to get together and do some operating. My goal in all of this is to keep the spirit of amateur radio and the youth alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.