ad: portazero-1

NanoVNA a $50-$70 Ham Radio Antenna Analyzer?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Dec 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KI7RS

KI7RS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Josh, I got mine yesterday and started playing around with it. I was surprised at the SWR readings I got from my HT antennas. My signal stick was actually really high SWR. The Abreeeeeeeee was pretty dang good, but the antennas that came with the Quanshangs I got for $16 on Amazon were pretty much 1:1. I got a tri-band Nagoya for xmas, and it's pretty much garbage. I'm gonna ask around to see if someone has a higher quality analyzer to compare my results.

KG5SFT likes this.
  2. KI6E

KI6E Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got mine this afternoon and tried out a couple of handheld antennas. Numbers came out pretty good. Fun little device for not much money. I look forward to doing more with it.

KG5SFT and KE9OL like this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you go through the calibration procedure first?

KI6E likes this.
  4. KI7RS

KI7RS Ham Member QRZ Page

yes

N0TZU likes this.
  5. M0KIA

M0KIA Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K5KTF

K5KTF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My pair is 146.210/810 (backyard freq @ 10KHz spacing).
    I calibrated it with 146.100-146.900 range, so my 2 points were just within the screen width. I might try narrowing even further and just do the exact freq for each side and see how that does.
    While the graph only shows down to -80db, I could watch the numbers going down to like -82 to -90. But it jumped around quite a bit, which becomes tiresome when trying to adjust minutely. Maybe tightening the bandwidth per side might help that as well.
    Or Ill just wait until a buddy comes over with a spectrum analyzer/tracking gene :)
    Thx for the tip.
    K5KTF