NANO SPOT PASSWORD OR FIRMWARE RESET

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by KC2IGS, Dec 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC2IGS

KC2IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings to all!
    I am a happy owner of a Nano-Spot. I have been using it mainly in the mobile.
    Due to remote working and change of cars, I stopped doing DMR in mobile for a while.
    Now that I'm back to commuting to work, I have resurrected it recently and its working great!

My problem is, I can not remember the password.
    I tried to contact Mark K7IZA through QRZ but got no response.
    Does anyone have any info on how can I reset this unit to factory default so to speak so I change my password?
    I do have a backup from Dec-2019 that I can restore if needed.
    Thank you for your time.

73's!
    Arthur
    KC2IGS

2. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably best to just re-image the SD card (or image a new one) and start over. Just grab the latest version of Pi-Star here- http://www.pistar.uk/downloads/ then load it up, run updates to get it current and configure it for your use. Since you say it's been sitting for a while you're likely on an older version of Pi-Star so a refresh and update is a good idea in any case.

3. KC2IGS

Hello David,

Thank you for your response.
    Unfortunately this particular hotspot is proprietary design, kind of like Openspot by SharkRf, it doesn’t have and SD card. It has internal storage. It may require a special procedure to reimage, regular user manual doesn’t list it. Micro-node, company who made it is gone...
    So here I am, looking for anyone who has any useful info...

73’s
    Art

4. WB2LBV

Ah ok, didn't realize that. Sounds like you may be SOL then, maybe it's time to replace it with a Pi-Star that you can easily manage. They're cheap especially if you build them yourself, I have a bunch of them and I don't think I've spent as much as it would cost for one OpenSpot.

5. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Username is pi-star
    Password is raspberry

6. WB2LBV

That's the Pi-Star default, hopefully that's what they used.

7. W4EAE

W4EAE Ham Member QRZ Page

The Nano-Spot runs Pi-Star, and it has an SD card. You do have to open the case to get to it though.

8. KC2IGS

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your response.
    We are talking about the nano-spot by Micro-Node correct? I thought it had some kind of internal flash storage.
    I have not dug into its guts yet. I was hoping for a more elegant solution... But I shall try to dig a little deeper =) Thank you.
    [​IMG]

9. W4EAE

W4EAE Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. If you remove the antennas and pull the sticker off of the left side as pictured, you will find 4 screws. You remove those and then remove the end cap. After that, you can slide the Pi and radio board out of the internal grooves in the case.

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. KC2IGS

Hello again,
    So a quick update... I took this little thing apart.
    Inside we have two boards... Transceiver board and what looks like FIRENLYARM NANOPI board.
    NanoPi does have SD Card slot but it is empty... Ive read somewhere a while ago that this hotspot uses internal storage not and SD Card...
    So I'm back to square one :(

4a2d3f91-93e2-462e-9344-f0135a58a47f.jpg 7b1ff2db-b8d4-4b77-819a-8afc1eb1efd8.jpg 17a6da0f-14db-47e2-bfbd-ef07ac8ba599.jpg 6214e434-0cdd-4110-8e01-85b9620e44a4.jpg