NA5B WebSDR in Washington DC Area

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by NA5B, Feb 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. NA5B

NA5B Ham Member QRZ Page

I am inviting all ham radio and shortwave listeners to try my wide band WebSDR system located in the Washington DC area. The coverage is HF-VHF-UHF. I have been running this WebSDR server for over a year now. It operates 24/7.
    I use an active mini whip antenna for VLF and MW. ( I get very surprising results with this mini antenna. Night time, MW band is full of AM stations from 500-800 miles away) a Multiband (modified G5RV) dipole 40 feet above ground for 80-40-30 meters and a Cushcraft R7 for 25-20-15 and 10 meters. 1/4 GP's for VHF-UHF (UHF antenna is down for now)
    http://na5b.com:8901 for HF and http://na5b.com:8902 for VHF

73 de NA5B, Mehmet

2. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I've used it quite a bit from my Winchester, VA and my Oak Island, NC homes. From both of my locations, it is one of the better "close by" Web SDRs for antenna comparisons, signal qualty, etc. The other one is K2SDR in New Jersey.

In connection with PSKreporter and WSPR, your receivers are very much appreciated.

Thank you NA5B and K2SDR.

Ken
    W4KJG

NA5B likes this.
  3. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good connection from Germany. Added it to my bookmarks.

NA5B likes this.
  4. NA5B

NA5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for testing and feedback. 73 de NA5B

5. NA5B

NA5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for testing and feedback. 73 de NA5B

6. TA4LTK

TA4LTK Ham Member QRZ Page

Başarılarının devamını isteriz

NA5B likes this.
  7. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mehmet thank you for this node that I've been using since soon after you put it online.
    One thing I am noticing is that its passband on HF is less than 8Kc. Is there a setting available to me to make it more generous than that? I am trying to replicate the sound of my R390A on selected stations I receive on both. The mechanical filters of the R390A include a 16Kc setting. There is at least one node on the websdr website that includes a better passband -- http://k3fef.com:8901/ but I don't know how he achieves this setting.

Again, let me thank you and say I appreciate the resource you've made available to us.

8. KK4DAS

KK4DAS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mehmet,

I'm local in Great Falls, VA. I use your WebSDR on the 20 meter band every time I fire up my old Kenwood TS-450S. Since we are so near each other the waterfall display works as a great virtual panadapter.

What SDR receiver(s) are you using? I looked at your website and I couldn't that info.

Thanks so much. it works great and sounds great!

Dean
    KK4DAS

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. NA5B

NA5B Ham Member QRZ Page

I have widened the IF filter to 16kHz now. I thought wider IF pass wasn't necessary initially and wide passband wouldn't be used. Thank you again for your support. Thank you for your support and feedback.
    Regards
    73 de NA5B

10. NA5B

NA5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Dean, I use rtl-sdr dongles per band. They are doing good job despite of their simplicity. I use an active (home brew) mini whip antenna for VLF and MW. Modified (home brew) G5RV, 40 feet up, inverted V antenna for 160 to 25 m bands. Cushcraft R7 for 20m and up. I tried the G5RV for 20 meters and I got same results with R7 but it was more directional.

We are not too far from one another. We are neighbors. :)
    Thank you for your support and feedback.
    Regards
    73 de NA5B