ad: elecraft

NA-040 St. Lawrence Island. NLØH

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NL0H, Jan 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. NL0H

NL0H Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings all,

I am work on plans for some more activity from St. Lawrence Island, Alaska (NA-040). I would like to plan to travel there sometime between February and March and take time off from work to do so. Costs is a factor as to whether this would be possible especially because I have other travel costs in the near future that are a priority. It is $650 round trip to the island prior to any over weight luggage. I would also need to invest in a better portable antenna. (Suggestions welcome). I will not be able to operate seaside because of the weather conditions and the need for more supplies (generator, arctic tent, etc etc).
    Here are a few other factors to consider:
    1) My first goal is to work on a noise issue. Previous I had s9 and sometimes s9+ noise making it almost impossible to hear anyone. I need to take care of this issue which I can’t do unless on site.
    2) I will be involved in other activities. This would not be a DXpedition. And I would only be on the air as much as possible... but that won’t be all the time because of visiting and native dancing.
    3) I will only be able to use 100w on SSB and possibly FT8 / FT4. Likely on 20 and 40 meters. Possibly 30 meter FT8.

Please let me know if you are interested in offering your support. Or even if you are interested in supporting radio activity from NA-040 in the future.

Note: For those who have not yet received their QSL card, please be patient. Unfortunately, because of my hectic / busy schedule and traveling I have not yet sent all of them.

Igamsiqanaghhalek
    Thank you

Henry
    NLØH