ad: KC0Wad-1

N9MQN John Gibbons

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AA0NO, May 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AA0NO

AA0NO Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Report it to google:

Look up an address in the abuse.net contact database

gmail-abuse@google.com (for gmail.com)

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The scammer using his callsign and that email is well known here. How did he happen to contact you?

4. WB9BDZ

WB9BDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

John J. gibbons is still at it. He tried to sell me an Icom IC-8500, with pictures taken from ebay, with a fake serial number. He replied to me directly instead of going through the website where I had my ad. He is not too savy as he offered me the IC-R8500 with mic. :) If we report him to goggle, he will just make up a new email address.

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is your ad? This is your first post on QRZ.

6. KK6ILV

KK6ILV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A John J. Gibbons just emailed me directly offering to sell me a Home Patrol scanner. 5/10/2018 Asked him to send pics. Waiting for a reply...

7. KK6ILV

Well, He sent a picture. Asked him for his call sign and pay pal address... He just replied N9MQN wanting My shipping address and says he has a pay pal acct. I asked him to call me and go over the details, This is where it will probably end..

8. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

Just ask him to send you $5 via paypal to prove his account is who he is !
    LOL

9. KK6ILV

Did not hear from him, as I suspected, He is on to his next Victim..

10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

KA2FIR is right. Report the scammers' email and PayPal accounts. It'll slow them down and maybe they'll leave QRZ alone if we all so our part.
    Also, if we all would use Conversation or email to ask questions or indicate interest in a For Sale item, the scammers would have very few targets.