N7ESU call being used by a Scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W6PCY, Sep 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W9ANW

W9ANW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh ok I didn’t see it was a link, yes that’s exactly what I mean. These scammers are persistent.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N7ESU's qrz page is giving me a trojan alert because of "ruqrz.com"

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

What security software are you running?

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. And it came with a handy keystroke logger. That might be how the password was compromised.

6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Logger?

MOre info please.

7. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone can send you an e-mail stating something like, "Your QRZ account has been hacked! Click here (qrz.com) to change your password." If you hover over the "qrz.com", you'll see it really sends you to cnn.com. Hackers just send you to somewhere that can LOOK like qrz, but isn't. And if you give them your qrz credentials, well, you've been hacked.

You REALLY have to be careful. ANY urgent call to action is verrrry suspect.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

QRZ will NEVER email ANYONE to ask them to confirm their account, enter their username/password, or anything of the sort.

Thanks for pointing this out.

NEVER EVER click on links like that - no matter how believable they might appear to be

Dave
    W7UUU

9. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do people still fall for that? That has been around a long time.

10. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

All the time. I am not surprised that QRZ gets targeted due to the average age of your typical ham, and the lack of Internet street smarts that seems to come with age. I consulted for many a company that was a victim of phishing and/or spear phishing attacks. All it takes is one...