N6VUK

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6JFK, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6JFK

WA6JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

He has until the 16th of February to respond on my rip-off, I guess then I will get a full refund.

I had a "Gut Feeling" that something was not right and should have bailed out, but at least we used PayPal.

I see people on qrz.com demanding POSTAL MO and or checks etc, if I would have paid with any other method I would be up a creek without a paddle now.

From now on, it's PayPal or nothing on large purchases for me.

WA6JFK

2. N0AKF

N0AKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the update! I have until the 18th for him to respond. I hope we get our money back. Years ago I had an issue with an ebay auction and won the Paypal dispute. However the seller only had $21 in their account and the item was $65. So Paypal said I "won" the dispute but they seller only had $21 in their account so that is all I got :( I hope Paypal pulls through!

3. WA6JFK

4. WA6JFK

When you pay via PayPal you do not see the seller's address, so there is no way to match that up with anything.

5. WA6JFK

He's at it again, here is a response from yesterday's bogus postings......

He's now using this name/email RADIO AVALON LIMITED <radioavalonlimited@yahoo.com>

Below is an email string from me to him/her/it

Hello Brian,

I want to confirm your address:
    BRIAN D FROBISHER, Mr
    15303 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 400
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
    USA

If that is okay then you can proceed with a Western Union Money Transfer to me:
    Name: Marvin Stevensii
    Address: 5618 cinnamon Drive west

City: Palm beach

State: Florida

Zipcode: 33415
    Amount: $675

Once payment is made, I will ship on a 2nd day delivery.

[HR][/HR]From: Brian Frobisher <>
    To: 'RADIO AVALON LIMITED' <radioavalonlimited@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:59 PM
    Subject: RE: Yaesu FT-897D and LDG AT-897 Plus Tuner

Yes where do I send the $$$$

[HR][/HR]
    From: RADIO AVALON LIMITED [mailto:radioavalonlimited@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:31 PM
    To: WA6JFK@arrl.net
    Subject: RE: Yaesu FT-897D and LDG AT-897 Plus Tuner

Yaesu Ft-897D
    LDG AT-897 Plus Tuner (one button tuning)
    LDG Large Meter for this radio

I have original boxes and includes, all cables, mic, etc.

Is your QRZ info okay to ship?

6. KJ6KMT

KJ6KMT Guest

Here's a place to send all the info since he's using registered Copyrighted names in his solicitation.

You might request possible restitution in your submission, can't hurt.

http://www.iprcenter.gov/referral

Good luck.

7. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you would have paid with Postal Money Order you would know his name and address.

I am interested to see if PayPal really will eat the loss if this bird has removed all of his funds from his PayPal account.

Keep us updated.

8. K9XR

K9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I hate to add insult to injury but c'mon guys. Do you really expect to buy an 897D+FP30+AT897 for $600? A little common sense goes a long way in dealing with these IDIOTS. I think the same JERK had a 756 PRO II for $1350 using KP4BD's call. I wonder how many got burned on that one?

9. K9XR

K9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Not Always! I seem to remember some guy who was accepting money orders with an address that was one of those mail box stores and he screwed a bunch of guys also. Every day they seem to come up with a new scam.

10. N0AKF

N0AKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have gotten more than a few good deals on these. forums. Actually this is the first time I have been burned on the forums. I recently bought a new in box condition yaesu ft2800 and a kenwood power supply for $139 shipped. There are good deals out there. However I will no longer try to find them. Common sense or not, this guy was not the "normal" scammer. We talked quit a bit about ham radio and he knew all the terms and no red flags went up. Will see what paypal does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.